Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Keyless entry

nole11
01-24-2011, 03:07 PM
I have followed the instructions posted on here to program a keyless entry for a 2001 Grand Prix GTP. When I get to the part where I turn the key back to ACC within one second I get 3 sets of "1 chime 1 sec pause then 2 chimes". This happens whether I open the door or not. I don't know if this means something, but when I press both LOCK and UNLOCK nothing happens. Any ideas?

olopezm
01-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Let me ask the basic thing first: are you 100% sure your remote is working properly?.

The chime sequence seems to be OK...

Best regards,

Oscar.

BNaylor
01-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Is this the procedure you are following?

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix

IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the remotes you
will be useing on the vehicle. Once you program the remote. all previous remotes that were
programmed will be erased from memory. The other remotes will not be functional until you
program the them again.

1. Remove the key from the ignition.

2. Close all doors.

3. Remove the "MALL PGM" fuse from the fuse panel. Use the legend on the fuse panel or
owner's manual to properly locate the "MALL PGM" fuse.

4. Insert the key into the ignition, and turn to the ACC position.

5. Turn the key to OFF and then back to ACC within 1 second.

6. Open and close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system enters into
programming mode.

7. Press and hold the remote LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds.
IMPORTANT: After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful
synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime
that will confirm successful programming.

8. Repeat step 7 now for each additional remotes to be programmed including any existing
remotes.

9. Remove key from ignition.

10. Install the "MALL PGM" fuse back into the fuse panel and test remote(s).

nole11
01-26-2011, 05:00 PM
I am not sure the remote is working. Bought the car used and it didn't have a remote with it. I did replace the battery.

nole11
01-26-2011, 05:02 PM
These are the steps I'm using, but when I get to step 5, I get 3 sets of "1 chime pause 2 chimes". This happens whether I open the door or not.

richtazz
01-27-2011, 10:55 AM
are you sure the remote you have is the correct one for your car? GG has about 5 different 4-button remotes that look identical, but the part numbers are different and they are not interchangable.

olopezm
01-29-2011, 03:44 PM
I am not sure the remote is working. Bought the car used and it didn't have a remote with it. I did replace the battery.

There is no easy way to know if your remote is working unless you have an spectrum analyzer or have another know to work remote.

Best regards,

Oscar.

BNaylor
01-30-2011, 09:14 AM
To start he can post up the numbers on his keyfob as Rich pointed out and is this keyfob a GM OE or aftermarket? We have run across some GPs of different years that did not have RKE from the factory. If thats the case the BCM-Body Control Module has to support it and you have to have a remote control door lock receiver module.

Add your comment to this topic!