Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Light Fuse keeps blowing

r_2016
01-24-2011, 04:33 AM
Hi, I have an 04 Deville that I just bought and I seem to be having trouble with the cabin light fuse. Every time I turn on the right rear heated seat it causes the cabin light fuse to blow. Has anyone had a problem like this or similar? Thanks

pashiwaneel
01-24-2011, 04:39 AM
have a 96 honda accord and each time i go to turn on the light my fuse keeps blowing?
where is the problem coming from?
How do i fix this and what is needed?
Please give me as much info as possible

r_2016
03-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Hi. This problem that you are having sounds like a short. If everytime you turn on your lights it causes the fuses to blow, there very well could be a nicked wire that is grounding itself, or something else that is causing the circuit to draw more current than it should. Finding the problem is the tricky part, what kind of light is it? Dome? Headlights? Once you find the problem many times fixing it is not so bad, just replacing a bad wire, or even using electrical tape if its just the insulation thats damaged. Just keep in mind that you don't want to replace the fuse with a higher value to keep the circuit from blowing, that could cause damage, or even a fire. Good Luck.

danielsatur
03-03-2011, 06:10 PM
It's nothing unusual for a driver door light switch to short out a dome light fuse, but the rear heated seat doesn't seem logical.

r_2016
03-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Yes, it's def strange. I have a theory on what it could be. When the light fuse blows, the lower heated seat does not heat. Is it possible that the lower seat heater could have been wired into the lighting circuit, maybe there was a modification that was done from the last owner. The car dealer that I bought it from said that some kind of module in the trunk behind the seat was bad and was replaced. I am wondering if maybe they wired the lower half of the seat into the lighting circuit. There are controls for only the lower seat to heat. Any ideas? Thanks

r_2016
03-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Ok, a funny thing happened last night. I was online looking for a solution to this problem and I came across a guy that had a similar problem as mine, I think he had a Pontiac. His issue turned out to be the lighted vanity mirror was shorting out the circuit. I never use the sun visor, but right before the lights went out I do recall that my girlfriend was using the visor, and I asked her the time before that she was using it too. Now the lights have been working for over 3 weeks with no problems and as soon as the visor is used there is a problem. Can anyone give me any ideas on this, is this a common, or semi common occurrence? The next day off that I have I am going to take the visor down and check it out. Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!