Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Console and Radio Questions - 95 Sedan EX`

jaimysessanna
01-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Hello, I've got a few questions.

First, I'd like to know if I can replace my single DIN Honda Cassette Head Unit with a stock CD unit from a 99 and up Civic, single DIN. Curious if the wiring and connector is the same.

Second, my 95 has the Honda Audio Console in it. I'm wondering if this just is referring to the center console below the Radio that holds the CD accessory, a cubby, cigarette lighter, and ash tray. Or is this entire unit all of that, and the entire console with the arm rest, and area around the gear selector.

Also, I'm considering upon swapping out the Honda Audio Console for the other style console. I have seen pieces on eBay to replace below the radio, however, do I need a new console with arm rest?

Thank you.

jaimysessanna
01-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Also, when installing the other style center console, do you just remove the metal bracket from the center console to install the floor cup holders?

eckoman_pdx
02-11-2011, 03:43 AM
Hello, I've got a few questions.

First, I'd like to know if I can replace my single DIN Honda Cassette Head Unit with a stock CD unit from a 99 and up Civic, single DIN. Curious if the wiring and connector is the same.

Second, my 95 has the Honda Audio Console in it. I'm wondering if this just is referring to the center console below the Radio that holds the CD accessory, a cubby, cigarette lighter, and ash tray. Or is this entire unit all of that, and the entire console with the arm rest, and area around the gear selector.

Also, I'm considering upon swapping out the Honda Audio Console for the other style console. I have seen pieces on eBay to replace below the radio, however, do I need a new console with arm rest?

Thank you.

I'm guessing you are getting rid of it because you want a cupholder? Most Honda guys try to install this piece, not remove it, though it does delete the cup holder which is annoying.

The optional audio console is the piece below the dash with the cubby, cigarette lighter, ashtry, etc. The Other piece is the arm rest, and that's a separate piece. You'll basically remove the optional audio console and all it's brackets. You'll install the cupholder in front of the shifter, and you'll then need the lower dash trim to put on in place of the optional audio console. You'll keep the center console and arm rest.

As for the radio,I'm guessing it doesn't just plug in. It should work as long as you know how to wire it up. If you are good with wiring and have the OEM wiring diagram for both cars it shouldn't be an issue. If not, then leave the wiring to someone who is.

Add your comment to this topic!