Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Check engine light issue

overdoseland
01-23-2011, 05:51 AM
Hi there,

Can someone please give me some insight on what this issue could be? My girlfriend's 2001 Honda accord lx's check engine light came on for a day and went off after that. It was sitting in the garage for a month. It has been very cold up here in Edmonton, Canada the past month. Temperatures were hovering around -30s for at least a few weeks. I had a battery maintainer plugged in and I also plugged the block heater in also. I started it when I came back from the Christmas holidays and the check engone light came on after I drove for about 15mins. I then drove it for about 15mins again the next day and the light went off during the drive. Is it something that needs to be attended to or should I just wait to see if it comes back on? I never got a chance to pull the fault codes. I read online that the codes should still be stored in the ecm. Thanks.

jgr7
01-23-2011, 11:36 AM
I wouldn't worry about it as it went off due to the computer telling it to go off. You can check the code in stored history with a code reader. Sitting for a month may have been the cause but what ever it was resolved it self it seems.
Jeff

overdoseland
01-23-2011, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't worry about it as it went off due to the computer telling it to go off. You can check the code in stored history with a code reader. Sitting for a month may have been the cause but what ever it was resolved it self it seems.
Jeff

Thanks for the reply and insight Jeff. Much appreciated!!!:)

Regards,

Robert

BullShifter
01-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Can't do much without a code.

Add your comment to this topic!