Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nos!?!?!

MosBoost
05-24-2003, 06:19 PM
Is nos a good idea or bad idea for an accord i have AEM CAI and as I speak my exhaust is being installed at the moment and soon to come is a header in a month i have a 01 4dr accord what would be good to run a 55-75 shot got 1000 to spend after the exhaust

Venger10
05-24-2003, 11:20 PM
NOS is never a good idea on a virgin motor...didn't you watch "The Fast and the Furious" ???:rolleyes:

BullShifter
05-30-2003, 10:53 PM
NOS is never a good idea on a virgin motor...didn't you watch "The Fast and the Furious" ??? The Fast and the Furious? HAHA Nitrous can be used with out problem if used correctly & not abused. Educate yourself on the subject, there are many good books out there to help guide you.

Zex is a good system

Nitrous Express has a Fast & furious edition:rolleyes: just the name is worth 10HP:flipa:

Mr. Anderson
05-31-2003, 08:53 AM
Watching the Fast and the Furious is like watching Rocky and comparing it to real boxing! I have the Zex dry kit on my car and that is what I would recommend to you as they are noted to be very friendly to imports. Yes, you need to act responsibly and not abuse it. But I went through a ten pound bottle in 5 days and had it four about three weeks now and the car still runs great! Only suggestion I would make to prep for the NOS is Iridium plugs, perhaps better ignition wires, 93+ Octane gas ALWAYS! (Start pumping it in now if you're gonna get it) Start off with the 55 shot and you can go up to the 65. Anything after that I would not recommend, due to the fact you should retard your timing and have a better fuel supply such as an inline fuel pump or a fuel pressure regulator, or even higher flowing injectors. But believe me, you'll be plenty happy with the 65shot.

MosBoost
05-31-2003, 10:49 AM
ok thanks i for the info so your saying that 55 shot is fine but on a virgin motor if i get better plugs and ignition wires and the 93 octane is no problem that's all i usebut on another issue i herd it's not good to have nos on stock exhaust what's up with that

93accordEX
05-31-2003, 11:05 AM
not that its not good but you'll obviously see more of a gain with a bigger exhaust.

MosBoost
05-31-2003, 11:33 AM
Oh ok i c your piont now i wasn't too sure about the issue so i don't wanna tell her some worng info

Venger10
05-31-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Venger10
NOS is never a good idea on a virgin motor...didn't you watch "The Fast and the Furious" ???:rolleyes:
I just meant , don't go outrageous with it....

" I need 2 of these...the big ones , and I need them tonight":rolleyes:

Don't worry , TFATF is not my bible. I use it as a good example of what NOT to do :D

Mr. Anderson
05-31-2003, 01:02 PM
ok thanks i for the info so your saying that 55 shot is fine but on a virgin motor if i get better plugs and ignition wires and the 93 octane is no problem that's all i usebut on another issue i herd it's not good to have nos on stock exhaust what's up with that

Correct! Definetly get the Iridium plugs, new wires and use 93+ Octane religiously. Also, good idea to do a full tune-up on the car before installation. New PVC valve, clean your air filter, change your oil, etc. etc. Better the start with a clean running engine. Your oil changes will become or should become more frequent. Also, check your plugs every once in a while (once a week, maybe once twice a week) see if you see any oil or corrosion to prevent failure to the engine. Other then that... you'll have a shitload of fun with it. Installation is incredibly easy. Took me a hour and a half including mounting and wiring the switches. Hardest part is figuring out how to run the N2o line. Don't bother with the suggestions of running it outside and under the car. It is more prone to get damaged and a pain in the ass. Wire it like you would a power cable for an amp. If you need help just ask......

Mr. Anderson
05-31-2003, 01:06 PM
And to answer the question about the exhaust.. I would agree with 93accordEX in saying that no matter what you are doing to a car. Exhaust will help no matter what the mod is. If your question was if it would hurt you car with the NOS and no performance exhaust the question is "no", but naturally the stock exhaust will hinder the potential performance of the Nitrous just like it hinders the potential power of a stock engine. :smoka:

MosBoost
05-31-2003, 01:37 PM
Well that's no problem cause it's just as a just in case thing you know for some ricer oh look i got a muffler ( not exhaust) and i'm fast who wants to show off and with nos shut him up for ever and have neer race again :devil: hahaha just playin

MosBoost
05-31-2003, 01:45 PM
ok i under stand now thanks for the info and yea i've been checking the car on a reg and so far so good and you said that a zex kit is good wet or dry pros and cons

BullShifter
05-31-2003, 11:26 PM
If you are going to run the juice dont advance or use some ignition product that advances ths timing = KABOOM!

Add your comment to this topic!