Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98GTP - Should I get horn or lights with remote lock?

ktmccrary
01-19-2011, 10:02 PM
When I lock the doors with the remote on my 98 GTP S/C with 3 button remote: Lock/Unlock/Trunk, if I am in a noisy area I can't hear the locks lock. Even if I can hear well and double lock it I never get any indication from my lights or horn. Is this normal? My 99SE has the 4 button remote and I get lights and horn when double locking with it.

Thanks

richtazz
01-20-2011, 08:07 AM
If you still have your owners manual, check the proceedure in there for remote entry/security mode setting. These proceedures, as well as what features are available, differ from year to year.

rkvons
01-20-2011, 12:14 PM
When I lock the doors with the remote on my 98 GTP S/C with 3 button remote: Lock/Unlock/Trunk, if I am in a noisy area I can't hear the locks lock. Even if I can hear well and double lock it I never get any indication from my lights or horn. Is this normal? My 99SE has the 4 button remote and I get lights and horn when double locking with it.

Thanks
My '98 GTP will light the headlights upon the first press of the lock button, and will sound the horn AND light the lights if quickly pressed a second time. Do your DRLs work? Some people disable their DRLs and this may cause the lights to not light. I don't know. I do know that some of these functions are programmable, and yours could just be programmed to not do those things.

Add your comment to this topic!