Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

How much off MSRP if I pay in full for a new car?

rhoadsfan
01-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Lets say the car brand new has a msrp at $18,500.

If I will not finance, and pay for the car in full, how much do you think I can get the final price down to (before taxes).

Thanks for any help. :)

Ray paulsen
01-20-2011, 06:17 AM
Understanding :screwy: how the MSRP sticker plastered on the side window works is the key for a discount, here is a link that will explain what you see on the window sticker,,, and what you don't see http://www.usedcartips.org/invoicecost.html

You will not benefit paying cash :nono:,,, check this link as to why http://www.usedcartips.org/CASH.html (http://www.usedcartips.org/CASH.html)

Kelly93
01-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Look for the invoice price for the vehicle you want.

CarGuru2011
03-24-2011, 01:42 PM
I do research for products offered in the car industry and this car buying guide is well worth it's price. You buy the guide and are able to email a customer service representative up to five times, with almost immediate responses. You can scan them your buyers order and they can give you advice on your purchase or you can just email them with questions.

They will cover dealership lingo used by sales and finance; interest rates; buy; rates; extended warranties; trade-in's; cash vs. financing; they even go as far as to tell you how to walk out of the dealership with a check in your hand. This 18 page car buying guide is well worth it's $14.95 price!

Visit carmedanddangerous.com

CarGuru2011

Ray paulsen
03-24-2011, 04:37 PM
I do research for products offered in the car industry and this car buying guide is well worth it's price. You buy the guide and are able to email a customer service representative up to five times, with almost immediate responses. You can scan them your buyers order and they can give you advice on your purchase or you can just email them with questions.

They will cover dealership lingo used by sales and finance; interest rates; buy; rates; extended warranties; trade-in's; cash vs. financing; they even go as far as to tell you how to walk out of the dealership with a check in your hand. This 18 page car buying guide is well worth it's $14.95 price!

Visit carmedanddangerous.com

CarGuru2011
You obviously don't do your research to well, paying $14.95 for information thats free on the Internet ??? to line your pockets ,,,lol

Tell me just one area for free that buyers should beware ? with your answer.

speediva
03-25-2011, 10:12 AM
If you're looking to pay cash for a car, dealerships are willing to budge on price, but as was mentioned before, you have to know what the dealership paid for the car and understand they have to make at least a little money off the sale.

Honestly, the technique I've found to work best for me is that I walk into the dealership, test drive whatever car I'm interested in. When it comes time to talk numbers, I give them a price I want overall or even a monthly payment I want. I usually lowball by about 10% of what I am actually looking to pay. Then that way if they come back and say "I can't do that, but I can do XYZ" I can decide if I can go with what they came up with, or I can always walk away. I got a dealership to drop their price on a used car $700 by walking away for 2 weeks.

Sandiegoauto
03-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Go to fleet departmet and ask for $500 over dealewr invoice

katty.jim
05-08-2011, 05:58 AM
I do not quite understand about this theread

willgrtzky
06-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Hey I don't know if it will be of help to you, but when my wife got her Honda, she used a service called www.theautoproxy.com they negotiate with all the dealerships to find the best price, my wife only had to pick the best price, she got 4k off Honda Accord.

Add your comment to this topic!