Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

LeSabre 1993 - hard to start

Hola
01-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Our Buick always hesitates to start. It started some months ago and although it alwasy starts it is anoying because sometimes it feesl like it wil not start, but ultimately it does starts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

HotZ28
01-17-2011, 09:41 PM
What's the last time plugs,wires & fuel filter were changed? What is the fuel pressure when you turn the ignition ON? Hard to troubleshoot this without without some basic diagnostics first.

jcc3inc
01-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Sir,

I believe that the fuel pump should come on for about 2 seconds when you first turn on the switch to start. Usually you can hear it if you're in a quiet place. Maybe you should check on that. This supplies fuel pressure to start the engine.

Regards,
JCC

Hola
01-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I changed the spark plugs and wires 12,000 miles ago, so, it should not be these items. By the way, this car has alwasy been quick to start it always surpised me how easy and smoth the starting has alwasy been, so this problem bothers me and don't know how to look for it and do somenthing about it.

Is there a way to test the fuel pump before getting a new one?

Again, thank you for help.

HotZ28
01-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Is there a way to test the fuel pump before getting a new one? Again, thank you for help.Yes, test fuel pressure as suggested.

Hola
02-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Well, the mechanic did check fuel pump presure and said it was fine and then went ahead and replaced the started, but the problem still continues, so, obviously it was none of those two items. Don't know what else to do now.
Thanks for the help.

Add your comment to this topic!