Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 Multi elec. problems

lwheel
01-17-2011, 03:46 PM
I have a 1994 cherokee sport 2wd 4.0 Starting have a problem with the electrical one day, radio, heater, blinkers, lighter and wipers quit working while driving, about 5 minutes later they started working again, then later the same problem once again. This went on for about a week, and then they just stopped all together. Everything else worked with no problem, then when I went to the store I parked it, went in side and when I came back out the jeep would not start at all, no nothing, lights would work but nothing when I tried to turn over the engine, so I put the key in the on position crawled underneath jumped the started with a screwdriver to get it started, drove it home turned it off, tried it again but it would not start unless I jumped the starter again. The motor will start once I jump the starter but the all the other problems are still there, I checked all the fuses and there all good, could this be a relay issue or something? Thanks

wrightz28
01-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Sounds like a ignition switch failure. It's the central nerve of the electrical system.

Add your comment to this topic!