Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

codes

shelbberz
01-15-2011, 04:05 PM
is there a way i can use a paper clip to get the codes on a 1989 camero r/s 305tpi

wrightz28
01-17-2011, 09:07 AM
yes, replied to your PM. Jump ports A and B.

shelbberz
01-26-2011, 01:28 PM
hi again thanks for ur help on getting the coeds well i got them the first was 12 but it say in my bookthat this code will flash first the i got 23 that is if im reading the codes right first one is flash pause flash flash etimes then flash flash pause flash flash flash then repeates the same flashes again so 23 i get manifold air temp sensor i have a 305 tpi my book says its under the plenum ? im not sure where that is or how to get it off can u help thnaks

wrightz28
01-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Yes you're reading the code right at 23.

I'd check the wiring over very carefully first before diving into the sensor itself. By location, it's expeosed to quite a bit of heat and moviement.

The intake plenum is compirsed of two, three really, pieces, the upper which has the throttle body attached to it at the front, runners (2 on each side) that route the air into the final piece, the lower plenum, that houses the fuel injectors and blends the air and fuel together.

shelbberz
01-28-2011, 09:35 PM
do u think maybe the air cleaner could be causing it? i noticed when i got it back from the shop. i had the fuel lines fixed and the air cleaner had been taken off i fixed the hose from the air cleaner to the manifold and replaced a hose that was off fron under the air cleaner. i never had a problem with it tell i took it back to the shop that did the fuel lines.It runs really good like nothingis wrong with it just the light comes on. any thoughts?

wrightz28
01-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Any issues with a air intake hose would normally cause a mass air flow sensor fault by way of unmetered air getting inot the inthe intake as a vacuum leak.

Add your comment to this topic!