Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cavalier Trunk Accident (and other problems)

d3vanj
01-12-2011, 01:39 PM
I bought a '02 Cavalier LS a few months ago that was in a trunk accident. I am finally getting around to fixing it, but I am curious if a regular Cavalier trunk will fit on a Cavalier LS. Does anybody know?

Also, my dash is cracking at the part right under the windshield, and the piece that covers where the CD Player/AC, etc. is at. How easy is this piece to replace, or to find a replacement that won't be cracked to pieces?

Also, are the spark plugs located under the valve/coil cover? I have been getting mixed answers about this.

Thanks

89Sunbird
02-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Sorry to see that nobody has answered your questions.

Assuming you haven't found already, all Cavalier trunk lids between 1995 and 2005 are interchangeable, coupe and sedan. You can also use Sunfire sedan trunk lids.

The dash cracking is pretty common. GM tightened the bolts too hard, and the car's flexing causes the crack. I've only seen a couple cars in my life that haven't had the crack, and that is because owners got in there and loosened the screws before it could happen.

The only way to replace it is to remove the entirety of your dashboard, as that piece of trim is bolted directly to the firewall.

razr_88
03-03-2011, 12:24 PM
I will assume you have the 2.2 ecotec then yes they are in the valve cover. well, rather they go through the valve cover. you take off the ignition coils on top of the valve cover take of the bolts and pop off the ignition coil. the recomended mileage for the plugs is 100,000 miles on these cars (FYI if you didn't know). I had the same issue with mine (couldn't find something so simple as the plugs :frown:)

Add your comment to this topic!