Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hello, I'm new here!

TechEd
01-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Been lurking for a while, and I thought it’s time to start contributing.

I’ve been away from the hobby on-and-off for about 12 years or so, with my regional autocross and road race programs keeping me busy. A Tamiya Sauber C9 serves as my last 100% build, and my current completed build inventory includes early 1/12 Porsches ..in desperate need of restoration, and some odds-n-ends (see below).

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/TechEd/Models/IMG_5585_edited.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/TechEd/Models/IMG_5587_edited.jpg

If not for my wife’s boneheaded Irish Setter back in 93, my inventory would be much larger. In a fit of separation anxiety, the pooch managed to stand up and reach onto the library shelf where all my 70s & 80s 1/20 Formula One cars were displayed, and chewed them to bits along with about 10 first issue hardcover books.

I was born I Germany, and as such have a particular affection for Volkswagen and Porsche in both air and water varieties. My father worked at the Volkswagenwerk, and after emmigrating to Canada, I worked as a VW/Audi/Porsche dealer tech in Toronto in the 70s & 80s. Both my autocross and road race cars are VWs. Aside from a 72 Porsche 911S, a Datsun 510 rally car and a 280Z, I’ve owned 12 VWs over 4 decades …8 air and 4 water (not counting the race cars). I currently work as an OEM diagnostics engineer.

So, what better place to kick-start my reentry into the hobby with an “enhanced” build of Tamiya’s 66 Beetle. I’ll start a WIP when I’m further along. I’ll also post some of the many discrepancies in the kit (…there are many) for others wanting to attempt an accurate build.

Cheers!
Juergen

BVC500
01-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Welcome! Look forward to seeing more of your work.

360spider
01-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Would love to see that Silver Turbo up close - any more pix?
Welcome!

quadzero
01-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Welcome to AF. Really looking forward to seeing your projects. As for your dog, I can relate but in my case it's cats that like to examine models and books and mags more up close and personal.

Add your comment to this topic!