Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

strut bar recommendation

dpj52190
01-08-2011, 03:02 AM
Hi..ppl..

okay so i has some questions on the strut bars..

I have a 2006 toyota corolla le .. everything stock..

okay so i am planning on buying and installing a front upper strut bar in my corolla..since it's easiest to install among all other perfomance parts.. megan sounds like a good brand with resonable prices..around 60 dollars..

question is..do the strut bars really work..is there a big difference between a megan brand or a dc or trd..caus megan are 60..dc n trd are around 150..

another question...is it safe to install only the front strut bar..and not the rear one..caus i only have budget to buy only one..i know that the strut bars help tie together the chassis so it helps cornering..but putting only front wouldn't mess up the car's chassis?..

quick69gto
01-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Buy the front strut bar, but wait until you can afford the rear bar before you install any of them. As you probably already know, strut bars are designed to keep the upper strut (shock) mount movement to a minimum during hard cornering. The thicker the bar, the stiffer the chassis will be.
They are designed to work with the rest of the suspension mods (i.e. springs, struts, larger/wider wheels and tires, larger stabilizer bars, etc.) so adding just the front strut bar may cause some bad handling characteristics should you get into a panic situation during normal everyday driving.
Again, buy the front strut bar but don't install it on the car until you can get the matching rear strut bar. Then install both bars.
This also applies to high performance springs/struts and the front/rear stabilizer bars. Wait until you get the complete set before you install them on the car.
Be aware, aftermarket tuners make constant changes to their products so I would urge you to wait until you can purchase the modifications as a set.
Good luck!

Add your comment to this topic!