Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

heater core help please

rogggg1020
01-05-2011, 07:16 AM
hello all, my 1st time in this forum so here goes(i did search for this and came up empty handed),this isnt even my car either lol (its the sister's) does anybody have the diagrams or replaceing this heater core, and maybe some tips on doing this that would make it alot easier?????
oh yeah its a 03 corolla le 160k miles on it too

Scrapper
01-05-2011, 09:38 AM
hello all, my 1st time in this forum so here goes(i did search for this and came up empty handed),this isnt even my car either lol (its the sister's) does anybody have the diagrams or replaceing this heater core, and maybe some tips on doing this that would make it alot easier?????
oh yeah its a 03 corolla le 160k miles on it too go to parts store and buy a haynes manual for that car. did you go to auto zone.com and look this up? they give you location and if not there click on diagram.

rogggg1020
01-05-2011, 09:42 AM
thanks for the reply, since its my sisters car almost 2 hours away then i didnt want to buy a repair manual cause this would be the only thing that i was gonna work on since she didnt reimburse me from the last time i worked on her car...lol

Scrapper
01-05-2011, 09:52 AM
thanks for the reply, since its my sisters car almost 2 hours away then i didnt want to buy a repair manual cause this would be the only thing that i was gonna work on since she didnt reimburse me from the last time i worked on her car...lol
i got same problem on my sisters truck i road with her to sears to get truck alighned and there was a upper ball joint bad so went got one for 16 bucks they wanted $300.00 to put it in and alighment i we drove it back to get alighed and i never charged her nothing but a coke i knew i would'nt get it anyway. WHATCH OUT FOR RELATIONSHIP....LOL.....

danielsatur
01-05-2011, 01:00 PM
You can bypass the Heater core for the short, if money + time is the issue.

http://www.alldata.com

rogggg1020
01-05-2011, 03:30 PM
i checked autozone and they have the repair info but i really really really....... dont want to remove all of the dash just to get to it, i thought maybe if somebody has done it b4 than they would know tips and tricks to make it alot quicker and easier on me

Huney1
01-12-2011, 02:50 AM
There are several brands of STOP LEAK so get one and follow directions on label. Not only for radiators but heater core to.
The more expensive ones seem to work better. Make sure the presure cap is good because it needs to get hot and build up pressure for the stop leak to be pushed in the leaking hole. Anti freeze doesn't help but you can't do without it now. No other way to fix it right but tear out the dash and replace the core. Possiblity the hose could be leaking & tighten the clamp a little. You'll have no heat but clamp off the water out & in lines on the engine and take a warm blanket. Or run a hose from the out connection on the engine to the return and by pass the heater.

Add your comment to this topic!