2009 Kia Rio Stereo Display

Darry lL
01-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Hi everyone,

I just bought a 2009 Kia Rio (base model) for my daughter to use to drive to school and work. It is a great little car, but I have a question concerning the information panel on the stereo (the little LCD screen in the middle of the stereo that shows what station the radio is tuned to, or what is playing at the moment). The screen works fine, but it is not back-lit at all. In the dark it is pretty much impossible to change the radio station or to see what's playing without turning a light on in the car. It is a combination MP3/USB/AUX/Bluetooth CD Player with AM/FM Radio.

I don't think this is normal, but I stopped by a KIA delaler today, and they said it is normal for the base model car.

My question, for anyone else with a 2009 Kia Rio is - does the LCD screen for the stereo light up when the car's lights are on?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Darryl

area51avenger
02-05-2011, 12:15 PM
I have an 09 rio5 and thats sounds like the radio and it does have a backlight

Nathan0o
02-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi, I also have a 2009 Kia Rio 4 door LX, with the stock radio that has a back lit screen. There are some service departments that don't recommend needed repairs. My car needed the ecu flashed because of a miss fire, the dealership i bought it from said not to worry and not to bring it in. I called a different Kia Dealer, and they had me bring it in right away to do the work in a service bulletin about this problem. I no longer call the dealer i bought it from, and use the one i trust more.

My advice is to check with a different dealer.

Add your comment to this topic!