Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 s10 blazer cyls 1 and 3 misfire

73racing
01-02-2011, 10:47 AM
4.3 engine. have a dead miss on cylinders 1 and 3,replaced cap and rotor,has compression,looking for ideas before I have to pull intake,thanks for your help

Scrapper
01-02-2011, 12:51 PM
4.3 engine. have a dead miss on cylinders 1 and 3,replaced cap and rotor,has compression,looking for ideas before I have to pull intake,thanks for your help

i think your going to have to pull intake buy the way did you take a compression check on all cylenders?

old_master
01-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Double check the spark plug wires in the distributor cap. Very common mistake to switch #1 & #3 on the cap when replacing cap rotor and wires. Make sure you put a dab of silicone dielectric grease on each terminal, inside and out, of the cap, (very important).

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss58/cwhook/96newer43Lplugwires.jpg

MT-2500
01-03-2011, 06:26 AM

Before pulling intake do a little proper testing so you will have a good idea what to look for.

As Old master said check plug wire routing and and also spark to all cylinders.
Have you switched plugs and or wires from a good cylinder to bad one.

Are plugs on dead cylinders dry or wet on end?

What are your compression readings on all cylinders with TBI butteryfly held open?

What is fuel pressure reading?

Have you checked the camshaft retard setting?

Any codes or check engine lights?

Any large vacumn leaks or egr valve stuck open?

Is the dead miss at idle or at 2500 RPM or both?

Are camshaft lobes and valve springs rocker arms working good?

Add your comment to this topic!