Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 TC Oil Pan removal

tobydale
12-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Just picked up a beautiful 94 TC "Spinnaker" Edition last week. Sat outside for a couple years and the oil pan is rusted to the point of leaking pretty good. So I have searched this forum and others about the details of removing the pan. One site says motor mounts unbolted and raise the engine as high as it will go and the pan will come out. Others say pull the motor basically. I have all the tools I need including a "cherry picker" , just looking for best method. Will the engine go high enough to get the pan out the back? With exhaust still connected, or it has to come off too? I guess I am hoping to hear that someone has come up with a trick method to get this thing out without removing too much stuff. I know I am probably dreaming, but never hurts to ask. Thx.

danielsatur
12-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Plastic, rubber, gaskets, and seals are going to go bad, because of age.

Do a compression test on each cylinder 1st.

Consider-
1) Pulling Engine.
2) New valve cover gaskets
3) New valve stem seal replacement
4) Intake gasket
3) New heater coolant tube going through the middle of Intake,
4) Cam chain tensioners
5) Drain pan Gasket
6) Oil fliter flange gasket
7) Freeze plugs
8) Flush, filter, and seals for automatic transmission.

I hate for something else to go bad, after replacing the drian pan gasket.

olopezm
12-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Hello,

welcome to the forum and congratulations on that TC, you won't regret it!

It looks like you're gonna have to do it the long way, disconnect the exhaust from the engine, remove the fan shroud and the transmission mount to lift everything and be able to pull the pan out.

As advised above, check all those points, specially the vacuum hoses running form the PCV to the intake manifold and to the firewall, these tend to rot and develop vacuum leaks. The oil filter assembly gasket is a good option too, it can start leaking from one day to another.

Best regards,

Oscar.

justinplatt
01-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Remove the entire windshield wiper box assembly (so engine don't crack it), remove the two motor mount bolts. Place a small piece of wood on the end of the jack cup, lift it by the harmonic balancer until you can fit a piece of wood between the motor mounts and the frame on each side of the car (possibly a 2x4 or 2x2). Let the jack down and let the engine rest up on the two pices of wood and change the oil pan gasket. I have done this many times this way.

mitchell12
01-28-2011, 02:22 PM
Remove and unplug the motor mount bolts are the last check. changed it and check how good is it working.
Cheap Lexus Accessories (http://www.incarparts.com)

Add your comment to this topic!