200 Rodeo trans again

Gagecase
12-29-2010, 12:49 PM
I have a 2000 rodeo automatic trans. I have had the tranny rebuilt twice in less than a year for the same problem. If I drive on the highway or drive awhile, the truck will have trouble shifting in 2nd gear making a loud bang noise then check trans light comes on. After awhile of leaving truck parked it will drive fine until Im driving for awhile again. U know anything about this fellas.

What does limp mode mean? Is that when t he engine is running and the trans won't move truck? If so how do i get the truck out of limp mode?

Thanks for reading.

The truck is an automatic. v6 no 4 wheel drive.

amigo-2k
12-29-2010, 01:06 PM
do the shift indicators on the floor and the dash match up when you run it through the gears?

Many times the banging into gears is caused by a dirty or faulty transmission range selector (bolts on the side of the tranny). See the FAQs for more details.

The second reason it may bang through the gears is due to low tranny fluid. The engine needs to be running to properly top off the tranny fluid.

Gagecase
12-29-2010, 06:05 PM
do the shift indicators on the floor and the dash match up when you run it through the gears?

Many times the banging into gears is caused by a dirty or faulty transmission range selector (bolts on the side of the tranny). See the FAQs for more details.

The second reason it may bang through the gears is due to low tranny fluid. The engine needs to be running to properly top off the tranny fluid.

Shift indicator matches up. Do u know any places who fill and check transmission fluids? Jiffy lube maybe walmart.

Can u tell me what limp mose means and how to get truck out of that?

Thanks for reading and reply.

amigo-2k
12-29-2010, 07:14 PM
limp I think is just a reduced power mode.

To reset it, try undoing the battery for 30 minutes.

I would call Jiffy lube first. Most places won't touch isuzu tranny's because there is no dip stick.

Gagecase
12-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Thanks I still dont understand why Isuzu chose the dip stick for the tranny.

Add your comment to this topic!