Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 Rodeo bumper fix

M1Rodeo
12-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi All,

My Rodeo bumper was tapped by some idiot in the parking lot. One side is pushed in slightly and the other side comes out. Is this an easy fix to just loosen some bolts and adjust? Body shops wants 2k to get new bumper and paint it. The thing is not scratch, just pushed in a little.

Also, is there a bumper/bush guard for this. I know it won't protect the edge/corner but it will at least protect the radiator if this happens again. A ARB bumper is kinda expensive right now but I may go for it if I can find one from someone parting out their Rody.

amigo-2k
12-28-2010, 10:57 AM
You would have to drop the bumper to see if the brackets are bent. You may be able to bend them back. or you could buy a used set from a pick and pull.

front guard. Isuzu made an OEM one that was just plastic. There is the traditional ones that go around the grill and headlights.

If you do bump into something in the front with the normal grill guard on it, typically they will cause even more damage, due to the guard folding back into the grill, headlights, hood and fenders.

The ones they make today are just cosmetic and only really fit the need of being able to mount lights on them ...

If you find one used cheap then I would say go for it!

M1Rodeo
01-05-2011, 10:13 PM
You would have to drop the bumper to see if the brackets are bent. You may be able to bend them back. or you could buy a used set from a pick and pull.

The current one looks brand new, just pushed in about 1/2 inch on one side and out 1/2 on the other side. I'll get someone to try to adjust it. Otherwise, I'll get one from the j-yard if it looks like new.

If you do bump into something in the front with the normal grill guard on it, typically they will cause even more damage, due to the guard folding back into the grill, headlights, hood and fenders.

The ones they make today are just cosmetic and only really fit the need of being able to mount lights on them ...

If you find one used cheap then I would say go for it!

Wow. I didn't think about the potential additional damage caused by the bumper guard. I thought it would prevent the bumper from being destroyed too much in additional to prevent engine and radiator damage. That means it is driveable home instead of being towed home. A tow fee would be expensive if I am on vacation or somewhere far away from the house.

Thanks for the head-up.

What about ARB bumper or something from the aftermarket for off-roaders? Would that prevent severe damage?

I was thinking about getting a used bumepr guard or bull guard and tie a used tire on it. That would cushion some of the damage, especially the fender bending accident for both vehicles.

Add your comment to this topic!