Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rough idle and missing through rpm range

jkelley
12-26-2010, 11:15 PM
I just replaced the fuel lines about 3 feet from the tank because of them rotting out. They were replaced with high pressure rubber. Ever since I've done this the car smells like its running rich and is missing. Also when I start it, it doesn't idle right and almost stalls. It has stalled a few times before I filled the tank. I'm not sure what is happening here.

old_master
12-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Year, make, model and the 8th character in the VIN would certainly help us ;)

jkelley
12-27-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm sorry. It slipped my mind. Its a 2001 Chevy Blazer and the 8th character is a W.

old_master
12-27-2010, 02:21 PM
If the rubber lines that you installed were labled "High pressure fuel injection", they are not meant, or safe, to leave on there on a permanent basis, only temporary. Should use steel line with compression fittings. If the line is not labled for fuel injection, don't run the engine, the line will not handle the fuel pressure and burst.

Have you checked fuel pressure and leakdown? Ignition ON, engine OFF, fuel pump running: Pressure must be 60psi to 66psi and must remain above 55psi for 3 to 5 minutes.

How long/how many miles since the distributor cap and rotor have been replaced using AC Delco parts?

Add your comment to this topic!