Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

k20a & k24a

nickzed20
05-23-2003, 04:33 PM
I was wondering what would be the best way to get the best of both these engines? the power from the RSX type S motor, and the displacement and potential torque from the new TSX engine? would it have to be the TSX block with all the RSX parts? or would it be possible just to swap in the k24's crank and rods to increase the stroke, then bore out the type S block an extra millimeter? ... if this combination is even possible?

94tegRS
05-23-2003, 07:47 PM
the K24 is the crv also. I asked this quite a while ago and never got a good response, I have seen this one come up more and more lately as well, and none of the new posts get good answers either. someone please reply to this and say if the K24 block would directly replace the K20 in the RSX type S.

cuz you got verything needed in a GSR to make a CRVTEC besdides the block so it seems if honda kept the letter designation to all compatible parts then it should just bolt right in. which I bet it does, but I dont got the cash to experiment. maybe if it dpoes work ill find it somewhere.

nickzed20
05-23-2003, 09:09 PM
Yea, i thought of this when i heard of the TSX having the K24, and never really looked into it. Then the other day i found an article saying that the the K20A2 had the potential to be a 2.4L. I will also try to find more information on this engine build.

nickzed20
05-23-2003, 09:45 PM
I found a pretty good site that has some stuff on the K-series engines. They were having a discussion on the same topic. http://www.k-series.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82

LinearPerformance
07-07-2003, 08:25 AM
Forget swapping the entire engine into the RSX. Just take the bottom end from the Accord,Element or CRV and drop it into the RSX. The only snag is that you have to either re-weld a few mounts or wait for hasport to make a kit for it. (They are working on it...trust me.)

OR if you pray to Allah or whatever...you could be lucky enough to find a prototype RSX used in Japan with the k24 in it! they made around 500 as test models. Ahhh the nice things we here in America dont EVER get to see.

^YellowBandit^
08-23-2003, 03:58 PM
I talked with an engineer from Hondata and he said the K24 block bolts right up to the K20A head. :D

Add your comment to this topic!