Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Newbie on the lose

jacobofnova
12-25-2010, 03:16 AM
Hi everyone, this will be my first big project car. I picked up an 87 Dodge Daytona pacifica about 5 months ago and was planning on swaping in the faster shelby engine....only I don't know the difference between the two. They look identical, and I'm what makes the difference between them. If anyone would be so kind as to tell me whether or not its worth the effort and let me know about any existing mods to give that extra kick I would be very grateful. I plan to have it at the track by summer of 2012, so no rush. Im willing to spend lots of hours and take my time to make this car into a bigger beast. thanks

Squeeb1989
02-05-2011, 09:42 AM
From my knowledge the only difference between the faster engine (which I'm assuming you talking about the 2.2) is that it was faster stock. It came with a t2 and an inner cooler. I'm not familiar with pacificas but the 2.2 is a real nice engine to start with. I have a 2.5 and I've looked at a lot of possibilities. adding an innercooler, and geting 2.5-3'' exhaust you should get around 300hp. If I'm wrong please correct me, this is only from what I've gathered on the net and I'm pretty sure I've read it on here too. I good site to look up what other people have done is turbododge.com or minimopars.

Add your comment to this topic!