Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2006 Honda Civic 4 door windows flakey

s10manfrommars
12-23-2010, 08:48 AM
I have 4 windows. 2 work fine. 1 works 50% of the time and 1 (the driver window) works about 25% of the time.

When they work they are fine. When they don't they dont work at all. Sometimes if I press the button ALOT they finally go up or down.

Any ideas on how hard this would be to fix or how much it would cost to fix?

Scrapper
12-23-2010, 09:19 AM
I have 4 windows. 2 work fine. 1 works 50% of the time and 1 (the driver window) works about 25% of the time.

When they work they are fine. When they don't they dont work at all. Sometimes if I press the button ALOT they finally go up or down.

Any ideas on how hard this would be to fix or how much it would cost to fix?

you can take door panels off and lube them. another look in between doors when you open it look where the door meets the front fender and theres a rubber boot covering wires check and see if you can see wires broke if you find there not then door panels off and lubed. also the switch may be bad or worn out or a cable frayed.

scrapper.....

s10manfrommars
12-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Is it hard to replace the switch? Also is there some time of switch solenoid?

What do you think it would cost me to take it to the dealer and have repaired?

BullShifter
12-24-2010, 10:49 PM
If you are having problems with more than one window chances are the master switch is bad. The master switch from Majestic Honda is cheaper than any dealer.- www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2006&catcgry3=4DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5AT&catcgry5=FRONT+DOOR+LINING If you are unsure or unable to test I highly recommend letting somebody diagnose it first before guessing. The dealer will charge you retail price for the switch + labor if that's the problem.

Copytech99
01-04-2011, 01:17 PM
I would try some PM 1st. Clean the tracks top and bottom. Make sure the rubber inserts in the lower channels are properly in place and clean. Lube any exposed cables and the regulator with white grease.

Add your comment to this topic!