Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Axel recall on ABC News

car17fan
12-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Just saw a story on ABC News tonight about the Windstar axel recall. They had a government test where they broke the axel at 35mph and the van would of rolled over had it not been equipted with long stabilizer bars. If you are part of the recall, I highly suggest you bring the van in to get it checked. I had mine checked about a month ago and it didn't have any cracks or holes. Kind of surprised since I live in Upstate NY where they salt everything, but I don't do much highway driving and my town mixes salt and sand on our town roads. I don't know if they posted the video of the story yet, but check it out when they do.

car17fan
12-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Here is the link to the story..http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/defect-ford-windstar-van-fatal-crash-500000-vans/story?id=12452339

Grabber5.0
12-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Wow.. I've been blowing this off because I've been under my van and my axle looks okay, but that is a scary video.

wiswind
12-22-2010, 07:23 PM
They will check it out for FREE.
They are having issues getting parts to replace the corroded ones, which is understandable for a part that has been out of production for a while.
However, they will provide you with a free rental car if your vehicle has a issue with this part and they cannot get the part to repair it.
In short, PLEASE get your vehicle in to be checked out.

Add your comment to this topic!