ABS Brakes 92 S-10 Blazer

Jerry80871852
12-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Sometime back this thing went bad on my blazer, the Chevy house wanted better than $1,000.00 for this item. I went to my regular parts store and it cost much there to. I went to a wrecking yard and bought one for $50.00, said if it failed to work I could exchange it for another one till I got a good one.

I brought it home and installed it, it worked great for about 6 months, the did the same thing. The bleeder on the drives side of it would come out when stepping on the brakes, brake pedal would nearly go to the floor, yet it stopped OK. I thought on this a couple of days while looking the one I took off over several times.

I tell self, why can't I take a metal strap put over it so that it cannot come out when I step on the brakes. I did that as shown in the picture and have no had no problems again. Of course I do not have ABS brakes on two wheels. I've showed it to a couple of mechanics and they said it looks good to them. If you look close in the picture below you can see the metal strap.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3950/dscf0036k.th.jpg (http://img708.imageshack.us/i/dscf0036k.jpg/)

Would I suggest others to do so, no. If you have this problem and fix it in this manner do so at your own risk, it saved me much money and I've been driving it this way for about 1 year with no problem.

krackerjack9
01-21-2011, 03:21 PM
I have a 92 and I had a ABS failure years ago and it was replaced with a newer verison. There was a recall on these due to all the crashes. Right now I due have a ABS light on but hvnt figured out what is causing it. It dont fail my inspection so im not to concerend, brakes still work fine.

Jerry80871852
01-21-2011, 06:45 PM
I have a 92 and I had a ABS failure years ago and it was replaced with a newer verison. There was a recall on these due to all the crashes. Right now I due have a ABS light on but hvnt figured out what is causing it. It dont fail my inspection so im not to concerend, brakes still work fine.

Mine never gave me a problem until well over 100,000 miles, of course at that rate it was my baby. We never got a recall notice.

A mechanic at the Chevy house told me about the problem with the warning light, said they took the light out of many of them and some put a piece of black tape over the light.

I never had a brake warning light on my brakes.

Add your comment to this topic!