Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Heated mirrors don't appear to work 2005 Lesabre

ND4SP
12-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Hey guys and gals,

I have a 2005 Lesabre and the mirrors do not clear off frost, ice etc. Is there a fuse and or relay that is specifically for the mirrors??:banghead::banghead:

Also, same year Lesabre, has a driver side low beam that does not work, checked bulb, fuse, no power to plug that plugs into headlight assembly. High beam on that side works fine btw. Any ideas????:disappoin:uhoh:

danielsatur
12-19-2010, 12:39 PM
There should be a fuse for the heated mirror, see owners manual for location.

Not sure, this car might have a control module, that went bad for lights.

ND4SP
01-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Checked all the fuses under the seat, all are good. When I turned the rear defog on, the relay cycles on and off, I didn't have the car running. I am not sure if that has any thing to do with the mirrors not heating. :runaround::runaround:

BTW, the head light issue with the other car was just corrosion in the connector that plugs to the head light assembly. :cool::biggrin:

polarzak
01-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Checked all the fuses under the seat, all are good. When I turned the rear defog on, the relay cycles on and off, I didn't have the car running. I am not sure if that has any thing to do with the mirrors not heating. :runaround::runaround:

BTW, the head light issue with the other car was just corrosion in the connector that plugs to the head light assembly. :cool::biggrin:

I believe the heated mirrors and rear defog are on the same circuit. If your rear defogger is cycling on and off, your mirrors would be doing that also.

Not all fuses are under the seat..there are also fuses in the engine compartment. There won't be on for mirrors, but there will be one for the defog. Same circuit.

imidazol97
01-10-2011, 08:39 PM
When I turned the rear defog on, the relay cycles on and off, I didn't have the car running. I am not sure if that has any thing to do with the mirrors not heating.

I believe the engine has to be running for the defogger to operate. I don't think it operates otherwise because of the current drain.

HotZ28
01-10-2011, 09:12 PM
The rear defogger/heated mirrors operates off a Circuit Breaker, not a fuse. If you have corroded terminal(s) anywhere in this circuit, the circuit breaker will trip due to overload.

ND4SP
01-22-2011, 03:08 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows if you can feel the heat from the mirrors when they are working. I tried to check heat on another car and didn't have them on long, however didn't feel any heat.

ND4SP
02-13-2011, 02:34 AM
No one knows if they can feel heat from the heated mirrors?? :confused: I find that hard to believe!!:shakehead :disappoin

Add your comment to this topic!