Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

heater blower motor

Easy48827
12-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi, new to the forum and have a question. My wife's 99 Century 4 door has an anoying squeek/chirp in the heater fan. It either needs to be replaced or have some debris removed. One mechanic said I had to remove the entire dash, the other said just to remove the glove box. Anyone know for sure before I start digging?

Scrapper
12-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Hi, new to the forum and have a question. My wife's 99 Century 4 door has an anoying squeek/chirp in the heater fan. It either needs to be replaced or have some debris removed. One mechanic said I had to remove the entire dash, the other said just to remove the glove box. Anyone know for sure before I start digging?

you revove grove box and you can get to it. i think there trying to get away now day's without tearing dash apart. see if i'm rite go to autozone.com and put info in there and what your trying to remove if it don't tell you how click on diagram. if you cant find what your looking for get a haynes manual for that car or if you have a autozone around there and ask them to print it out for you there good at that.

Easy48827
12-17-2010, 09:54 PM
you revove grove box and you can get to it. i think there trying to get away now day's without tearing dash apart. see if i'm rite go to autozone.com and put info in there and what your trying to remove if it don't tell you how click on diagram. if you cant find what your looking for get a haynes manual for that car or if you have a autozone around there and ask them to print it out for you there good at that.

Thanks for that. I guess I am off to Autozone tomorrow. I'll post and let you know what has to be done.

Blue Bowtie
12-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Remove the lower dash trim, glove box door, and blower connector. Remove the screws and drop the entire blower. The task is fairly self-explanatory once the lower trim is off. The front screw is the biggest challenge with very little space to use any tools. Make sure you closely inspect the blower resistor array when the blower is out. It's no fun to go back later to replace the resistor.

BNaylor
12-18-2010, 09:47 AM
You do not have to remove the glove box to replace the blower motor on a '97 and up Buick Century or Regal. Just remove the lower passenger side kick panel under the dash. Held on by a few push pin fasteners and small hex head screws. Then you can remove the blower motor. There are three 5.5mm bolts. To get to the blower motor resistor you have to remove the blower motor.

Easy48827
12-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks for a great description and sounds like something I can tackle. I'll let you know how it goes!

Add your comment to this topic!