Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

2008 Trailblazer StabiliTrak System...

mptc
12-17-2010, 12:33 PM
The StabiliTrak Indicator Light and StabiliTrak Service Light come on during startup which is normal, but occasionally they will come on a short time after I start driving the vehicle. It does not happen all the time and it seems to be more frequent in the cold weather.

Any idea if this is serious or not? I hooked up my code reader and it shows no codes.

Thank you in advance for your input.

maxwedge
12-17-2010, 12:44 PM
A std code reader cannot access that system, a high line professional scanner is needed. Something is wrong obviously.

tgwright
01-06-2011, 09:35 AM
I had exactly the same symptoms last week. I just had the dealer fix it under the warranty. They installed a new steering wheel position sensor.

mptc
01-30-2011, 02:18 PM
A std code reader cannot access that system, a high line professional scanner is needed. Something is wrong obviously.

Okay, I took the vehicle into the dealer service and they hooked it up to their scanner. No codes present or in history. They suspect a steering wheel position sensor is malfunctioning. With the scanner hooked up they turned the wheel from left to right but could not duplicate the code. They have seen this before on Trailblazers.

So my question...is this a do-it-yourself type of fix (replacement)? Is it an inexpensive fix?

mptc

maxwedge
01-31-2011, 02:56 PM
What is the repair, with no definitive diagnosis what are you going to do?

mptc
01-31-2011, 05:56 PM
What is the repair, with no definitive diagnosis what are you going to do?

I was thinking about replacing the Steering Wheel Position Sensor. The service department's analysis was that is is starting to fail.

MT-2500
02-03-2011, 08:34 AM
I was thinking about replacing the Steering Wheel Position Sensor. The service department's analysis was that is is starting to fail.

If they could not get any codes or it did not test bad then there is no way they can analysis or diagnost it.
First I would ask.
Was the testing done by a factory trained tech or the greese monkey or wash boy or floor sweeper?
If thet did not use a factory trained tech to check out it ask for your money back and find a dealer that has factory trained tech.

Did they check for any recalls or tsb's on the problem?

Throwing DIY repairs and parts at it is not usually a wise decission.

If they are sure it is the sensor let them replace with the under standing that if that does not fix it it is on there dime.

Add your comment to this topic!