Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1996 Jetta. Hard Check engine light

kurkovn
12-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Hello,
I have a 96 jetta gls, 2.0 Litter. I really need help to get the check engine to go off. It is super complicated. As of right now I have six codes. They are:

P0327
Knock sensor 1 circuit low imput bank 1 or 1 sensor

P0440
Evap emission control system malfunction

P0133
O2 sensor CKT slow response (bank 1 sensor one)

P0171
System too lean

P1613
Manufacturer control auxiliary inputs auxiliary outputs

P0125
clad loop fuel ctrl insufficient coolant temp

When the codes are erased, the light turns off. Then when you start driving it and you give it like gas so that the rpm go over 3 thousand, the car jerks and the check engine comes on. This code that first comes on is the knock sensor which I replaced already. Some of the other things I have replaced are
1. MAF sensor (from a car without a check engine)
2. Oxygen sensor
3. Spark plugs
4. Distributer rotor
5. Distributor cap
6. Spark plug wiring
7. Cleaned the fuel injectors at a fuel injector shop
8. The fuel filter
9. Fuel pump
10. All the belts
11. Both oil pressure sensors
12. Ignition switch

My biggest question is why the knock sensor still comes up? I also have a water pump installed that was installed before I got the car. It is installed a little bad and causes the belt not to be 100% lined up with the ac and alternator. Also other symptoms that I have with the car is that it starts up pretty bad sometime, the engine turns over but does not catch the spark until you press the gas pedal all the way. And last but not least is when I am driving almost all the time, you feel a little jerking of the car. Like most people will not notice it at all, but I feel it. So that is basically it. If someone knows how to help please, I really just want to get rid of the check engine and maybe sell it.

veedubmechanic
12-16-2010, 10:46 PM
you probably have a couple problems. Inspect the round engine harness connector by the distributor, it has about 30 wires in it. You twist counter clockwise to unplug it. THe wires sometimes get corroded and burnt and cause lots of engine codes

Add your comment to this topic!