Slanted in tires

Mr. Death
05-23-2003, 08:54 AM
I just purchased a 90 Honda Civic DX Hatchback which came with Ractive Coil over suspension. I just finished lowering the car and it seems that the 2 front tires are slanting in. Is this normal for this type
of suspension or is there something wrong with the setup? Another thing is my first attempt at adjusting my suspension was not a good one. I adjusted the coilovers the same amount on each side and after putting the car back on the ground one side was drasticly lower than the other side. Anybody?????

sickhonda
05-23-2003, 11:17 AM
Mr. Death,
How much lower did you adjust them to? When lowered too far down, you will require a camber kit to remedy this problem. If already equipped with one, then you need to adjust them. I would also suggest having an alignment done afterwards.
You did not specified which side is lower, but Iím guessing itís the passenger side (right side). Most of the vehicle engine weight is on that side because of the added weight of the tranny, you need to compensate for it.

Mr. Death
05-23-2003, 11:51 AM
Your right! It is lower on the passenger side. As far as how much I dropped the car I'm not sure. The tires aern't tucked under the wheel wells. I'm thinking about getting "proper" lowering springs for my ride. Will this help my problem with the sinking in of the wheels? Thanks for your prompt reply!!

Mr. Death
05-23-2003, 11:54 AM
"Most of the vehicle engine weight is on that side because of the added weight of the tranny, you need to compensate for it."

How do I compensate for this? Is it by dropping the car more on one side?

sickhonda
05-23-2003, 03:57 PM
Sounds to me that you have a toe-in problem. Alignment is the only remedy, to make this adjustment. Unless, if what you're saying is that the wheels/tires are not totally tucked in under the fender well, which might be the wrong offset of the rims or wrong size tires for your vehicle. Is it an aftermarket rims or stock?

Yes, on compensating with the weight. You cannot have equal adjustment on both sides when lowering. If you already reached the desired height on the driver side, then increase the height on the passenger side until you get it leveled. Keep in mind, that each time you make any adjustments to your height you're changing the alignment of the vehicle. You will have more headaches later in time if their not properly aligned.

Drift King
05-28-2003, 11:44 PM
Is that somekind of bogus drift setup? And ditch those "coilovers". Good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!