Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

LED foglight/headlight replacement bulbs?

TDWPgtp
12-10-2010, 12:24 PM
hey guys i saw these on ebay, and was considering trying them out for my fog lights and, providing they work, trying a set of LED 9007s. i figure, since my sylvania 880s burn out every few months, it might be worth trying these. does anyone know if they are any good? any pics of them working?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-x-Car-28-LED-SMD-White-Bulbs-880-Fog-Day-Light-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a5b277fbaQQitemZ25063 7418426QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

danielsatur
12-10-2010, 01:39 PM
I hope you are not touching your halogen light bulbs by hand.
The natural oils from your hand will cause the bulbs to burn premature.
The LED lights sound good, because less batt, less heat damage to the lens.

TDWPgtp
12-10-2010, 03:12 PM
ive heard that before... i mean im ssure they have touched my skin at some points, but i never hold it by the bulb and i know that i have replaced them at least twice without touching the bulb. they burnout within a few months either way. i have been using the sylvania ultra 880s recently. when i replaced the lights the first time or two i used regular sylvania 880s, and they lasted longer, but not much.

and you LEDs are much more efficient and produce less heat. supposedly they are brighter too but i dont know about that in this situation. im also concerned about the light distribution of the LED bulb.

tblake
12-10-2010, 07:16 PM
im also concerned about the light distribution of the LED bulb.

Thats what I would be concerned with the most too.

I too bought a set of silverstar 880's. They were super bright, but burnt out quickly. I didn't touch the glass at all when installing.

danielsatur
12-11-2010, 01:54 PM
It might be worth looking at a different brand type bulb.
Do they have warrenty, or how many hours are they good for?

tblake
12-11-2010, 07:16 PM
For the 20 bucks, the LED ones may be worth a shot.

If you don't like them I'm sure you could unload them to some punk on Club Gay Pride for $25.00 plus shipping. Just make a note that says you paid double that and don't tell him where you bought them.

Some one will bite

TDWPgtp
12-12-2010, 01:52 PM
danielsatur- i dont really know where to find another brand.. ive only seen sylvania where i live

tblake-those are the ethics that makes america such a great place... haha. but nah if they suck, they suck. no need to ruin someone elses day too. i guess ill let you guys know when i do get them

tblake
12-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Sweet, sounds good.

Have you thought about HID replacements? My g/f has 6000k HIDs for her headlights and fog lights. The sets are getting less expensive on ebay, and the brand Xentec is about the best kit I've used yet. Ran about 35 bucks shipping included and was very high quality, even came with slim ballasts.

TDWPgtp
12-15-2010, 12:45 PM
yes, actually i was very close to buying them, but they were still pricey back then. however, if i get HIDs, i want HID high and low beams, as well as HID fogs to match. and at $70ish for each set (back when i was looking at them) it was too pricey.

are your GF's bi-xenon or is it just for the low beams?

tblake
12-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Here headlights are both highs and lows. The Kit she's got has a heavy duty harness, and it tilts the bulb up and town to get different light patterns for high and low. Although the high beam isn't much brighter than the low. plus fog lights.

00GTP4ME
12-21-2010, 10:29 AM
I bought a set of H3 LED bulbs for my a/m fogs and they look cool, but really don't provide much as far as light output. I have HID headlights so it wasn't a huge deal - I kinda like that the fogs match the headlights in color and the LEDs were way cheap. If you want light output - go HID. Just looks - the LEDs are cool and cheap.

jeep2002
03-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Sweet, sounds good.

Have you thought about HID replacements? My g/f has 6000k HIDs for her headlights and fog lights. The sets are getting less expensive on ebay, and the brand Xentec is about the best kit I've used yet. Ran about 35 bucks shipping included and was very high quality, even came with slim ballasts.

Xentecs are cheap Chinese kits

Add your comment to this topic!