Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Which sensor will cut fuel pump?

20camry00
12-10-2010, 07:48 AM
My car doesn't start and I am wondering which sensor might cutting it from starting. I have tested the pump it self and it works. my car is 1996 lexus gs300 with fuel pump ecu which is working as well. the car cranks fine but doesnt start and i am trying to find this 1 sensor because i can not hear my fuel pump going on even when i am cranking...
any help will be greatly appreciated.......

MagicRat
12-10-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't know about the Lexus specifically, but many cars have a roll-over switch that cuts off the fuel pump if the car suffers an accident impact or roll over. You may be able to reset the switch if you can find it. However, there may be other issues at work here. Hopefully others can contribute more info.

shorod
12-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Welcome to the forum! I also do not have information specific to the Lexus. If you'd like one of the moderators to move this thread to the appropriate Lexus forum, let us know.

Since this particular forum is not intended for vehicle-specific questions, I'll give a non-vehicle-specific response. Have you checked for fuel pressure at the fuel rail? Have you checked your owner's manual for a fuel pump shut switch such as what MagicRat suggested above? Are there any "Theft" or "Security" lights illuminate or flashing in the instrument cluster when you attempt to start the car? Do you have access to a scan tool so you can check for diagnostic codes?

-Rod

danielsatur
12-10-2010, 01:28 PM
1) Fuel pump regulator, fuse, relay, and fuel pump.

note - The regulator will turn the pump off at a certain psi, don't forget to check fuel filter.

maxwedge
12-10-2010, 06:41 PM
There is no fuel cut off /impact system on this car such as Ford has/had.

20camry00
12-13-2010, 11:22 AM
I removed the fuel pressure regulator today and then just put it back.
car started for a few seconds and stalled right after. Should i change the regulator?
it's a 90$ part... since doing so the car now starts sometimes and stalls slowly

Add your comment to this topic!