Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

what should i do make it faster?

tricntrnh
12-08-2010, 07:06 PM
hi i have a 99 integra LS and it's already had 180k miles on it, im wonder what can i do make it a bit more power like faster that doesnt cost me much. i was thinking going for turbo charge, and i thought back dont think my car with 180k miles cant handle it, and i dont want to do swap cuz it's cost too much. so any other way beside turbo or go with it is fine, also how much it will cost to build a turbo?

sorry bad english, and sorry if this already up but i cant find it.

cwshifflett
12-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Well you're right in the aspect of turbo-ing your integra will give you the most horsepower, but since you aren't willing to spend the money on a swap nor the turbo (they can range from $1,000-and I've seen some that are $5,000), it's kind of pointless. If you're looking for some gains, try an aftermarket intake like a cold air/short ram air intake. Also replace the factory exhaust with a wider version to allow more air to be pumped through the engine since more is escaping through the new exhaust. Turbo-ing a car requires a lot of engine modification in order for the engine to withstand the new pressure being applied, otherwise, you'll just end up blowing headers, etc. Hope this helps somewhat.

razr_88
03-03-2011, 01:49 PM
you can get performance, exhaust headers and exhaust. you can get a cold air intake kit. the intake is probably you best bang for you buck. i would follow it by the exhaust

Bove
12-20-2014, 01:25 AM
Hey! Whats the difference between a cheap intake and a good quality one? i see many that are around the same shape and length and i wonder what it is that makes one better than the other. Also, what intake brand would you recommend for a Integra?

Add your comment to this topic!