Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rear end noise

mgturner
12-08-2010, 07:06 AM
I have a mit eclipse 2000 gs sportronic shifting. I just replaced the front struts two days ago. the car drove wonderfully....untill last night coming home from work when i heard a faint clicking sound...much like you would hear if something was in your tire....so i stopped numerous times to make sure. Mile down the road The sound turned into a sound much like a consistant bash with a hammer on metal. As the tires rotate faster the sound follows the same pace. I do not have a any noise from going over bumps...just the same bang bang bang constantly. Please Help!!!

theFREAKnasty82
12-08-2010, 01:19 PM
check and see if you have a blister on your tires. If that's ok, you could have a bad wheel bearing. It's kind of uncommon for mitsu wheel bearings to go bad, but they can, I've replace a few.

mgturner
12-08-2010, 01:34 PM
nope tires are brand new...i had a bad wheel bearing little over a year ago and it sounded nothing like it does now...my mechanic told me that i let it go too long and it froze up my axel and i had to replace both pieces cause he mushroomed out the axel trying to get the bearing out...this sound is unbelievably loud...But i will check it out thanks for the response!!!

mgturner
12-22-2010, 04:49 AM
BaHaHaHa.... Thanks to all that responded! My Not so smart husband....didnt torch the lug nuts on and they were loose and yeah....

Add your comment to this topic!