Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Odd starting problem.

JackBQuick
12-07-2010, 04:44 PM
My 95 GM sometimes will not crank over. The instrument panel shows normal and all electrical funtions work fine. If you let the car sit for 10 min to 1 hr it usually will then start fine with no hesitations. You can hear the starter relay click when the key is turned forward. I had the battery and starter tested at Auto Zone and no problems were found as I has suspected the solenoid. The cables are good and I recently replaced the starter switch and the multifunction switch on the steering column. The transmission postion switch (nuetral start switch) was replaced a few months aog . I tried shifting thru gears like when I had probs with the sensor but it does not act the same as before and I think its a different problem. So I am guessing either the starter solenoid (can they act goofy like that and only work sometimes?) or perhaps one of the 2 starter relays. Any suggestions people? Thanks.

Jack
PS . The fuel pump is working fine and no check engine light comes on ever. I also tried replacing the computer module with no new results.

Add your comment to this topic!