Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

car sightings

Pages : [1] 2

EnzoFerrari
03-18-2001, 09:21 PM
here we go.........
Acura NSX
Aston Martin (db7,vantage,vanquish)
Audi Rosemeyer
BMW z8
Bugatti eb110
ferrari's (360 modena,360 spider,456M,550barchetta & a 550 maranello, and a 67 stingray) @ a ferrari show
jag xj220
lamborghini diablo,countach, cala
i think i saw a lotus elise at a show in vegas
McClaren f1 @ a show in Denver
a whole bunch of mustangs (saleen,cobra etc...
a lot of porsches 911,boxster,carrers,986,959etc....
volkswagen w12 roadster
vipers a lot and i think thats bout it!

:flipa: :flipa:

Chris
05-25-2001, 08:47 PM
Auto shows only kinda count. In real life I have seen an NSX, Viper, Vetttes, Lotus Esprit,Ferrari 355, Dino, Hummer and thats it.

Porsche
05-28-2001, 06:57 AM
Today, i'm 90% sure I saw a G500.

Chris
05-28-2001, 08:35 AM
Why only 90% sure?? THose are prety rare, and pretty neat.
Do exotic car dealerships count???
Maybe we shouyld otuline what we see in dealerships, shows nad exhibitions.

Heep
05-28-2001, 02:24 PM
Some guy that just moved here about a month or two ago has a black 5 door G500 (G-Wagen). I see it all the time (say, 10 times a month). I'm not an SUV fan, but it's cool. It has plaid seats. The guy got it for $100,000 Canadian, my friend was talking to him about it.

Chris
05-28-2001, 03:01 PM
100 Canadian grand is good for a g-wagon. They can scale 80 degree slopes, which is unimaginable. They were made for the military, but cost too much, so normal people bought them.
I'll write down my show and dealer list soon.

Chris
06-05-2001, 05:36 PM
Here are some dealership/show:
Lamborghini Diablo (SV,VT,roadster, some 492hp ones, some 530hp ones)
Ferrari F40 LM (a race car, 800000 car!)
" 550 Marenello
" 456
" 355
Bentley Arnage
Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph
Bently COntinentel
Bently Azure convertible
Lotus Esprit V8
Several Prowlers
Acura NSX
Porsche 911 Turbo
" 911's
Lamborghini Countach
Lamborghini LM002
Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud(s)
Also, Lamborhgini V12's and trannys out of the car, ahhhhhggg, drool.
Jaguar Silverstone
Lamborghini Diable 6.0
Land Rover Range Rover
Hummers
Dodge Vipers (in real life)

If I remember more, I will post. I am probably forgetting something REALLY good.

Chris
06-05-2001, 05:40 PM
Oh an aston DB7.

ferrari's (360 modena,360 spider,456M,550barchetta & a 550 maranello, and a 67 stingray) @ a ferrari show
You should have said a Corvette stingray. Ferrari doesn't make stingrays.

Chris
06-05-2001, 05:47 PM
A Ferrari Testarossa, aswell.
Some concept cars.

Porsche
06-05-2001, 06:26 PM
I was only 90% sure cause I saw it go by fast and I was in my mom's car at a light. I asked her to go faster but we go caught at the light and it was gone. A few other things here, If you guys know about the guy with the M5 I know, well I might get to go for a drive. :) Also Arnold S. (Terminator) Has two G500's and 3 Hummers! Now ths is going to get some Canadians excited and aybe you Americans not as excited. well, you know how America uses Hummers? If the deal goes through (Which it will) The Canadian Armed forces get 802 Austrian-built G500's. Armoured and Militaryily prepped, at 185K CDN. We got it made now don't we?

Chris
06-05-2001, 07:35 PM
Alright! now we can kick some American ass in offroading! Hummers are overrated, nearly nothing is as good as a G500. For you hummer fans, the G500 was too expensive (re, far superior) for their tastes, so they got the cheaper, slightly crappier hummer. But us Canadians know where its at, and take quality over quantity, unlike our American buddies (in more things than one, population, smart guys, scientists, aero-plane guys (the Avro Aero, god rest its soul))

:D

Heep
06-06-2001, 04:14 PM
Yeah! Canada! WOO!!

We have awesome music and beer too.

Adam
06-06-2001, 05:11 PM
the only auto show I can go to is Seattle auto show, and that only has like 1 stupid dodge truck concept (maxxcab i think)

but @ auto shows:

Dodge Viper (beautiful silver metallic GTS)

Porsche 911 Turbo

Acura NSX (not really belonging here)

3 Ferrari 360 Modenas and maybe a 550, but I care about 360s more

in street/park/etc.

Plymouth Prowler (several)

Acura NSX (several)

Dodge Viper (several)

Honda Civic (several)

nad that's about it...

Chris
06-08-2001, 09:17 AM
you better mean really modded civics. Like, REALLY REALLY modded.

Adam
06-08-2001, 01:00 PM
no... regular civics

danmangt40
06-08-2001, 05:22 PM
ok, I've been a car freak for years. I now drag myself to the detroit and chicago shows every year (I go to purdue, in west lafayette, indiana, usa), I remember chasing a lamborghini Diablo alongside london traffic until I tripped and busted my leg in 1995, I later saw a mclaren f1 in the flesh in the mclaren dealership in london near hyde park... everything since then isn't really even worth noting, except for one special afternoon. it was classic, it could have been in a freaking sit com. I'll describe it for you. I was taking physics in a summer school program for spoiled kids at harvard after my junior year in high school, and my gf was bitching at me, while we were sitting on a bench in cambridge just north of harvard square. She told me that I paid more attention to cars than her, and wanted to know what I had to say for myself. Well, this was th girl who'd done me the great honor of taking my virginity as well as being drop dead gorgeous and a responsible, brilliant girl to boot, so the last thing I wanted to do was disappoint her by saying anything other than, "my god, darling, I'm so sorry, ILOVE YOU!" But, as I was about to defend myself and try to calm her fury and disappointment (I'd been reading Autocar and hadn't heard what she'd said about something), I swear to god, what comes barrelling down massachusetts avenue/ mass ave (over her shoulder), but a porsche 911 turbo S... I shake it off, she's more important. I try again, and then, a caravan of supercars barrels by: a lotus esprit V8, followed by a dodge viper GTS, ferrari f355, a heavily modified vette, and a jag xk8, and lets just say by that point I was lost. My gf was hollering at me about something, but I couldn't hear her... I was running down the street to get a better look at those wonderful cars. I don't know what was happening that weekend in boston, but damn something cool must've happened. I really blew it with that girl tho, she hasn't spoken to me much since we left harvard.

Oh well, I've learned my lesson. if the girl isn't enough to keep you from turning your head if that happens, then she isn't the right one for you. I would say that if the girl doesn't look too, then she isn't the right one, but I've reconsidered that statement. if the girl looks up and stares the way I did, reach down her shorts and check to see that she doesn't have a bigger cock than you do! lol. I seriously doubt there is a woman that cares as much about cars to behave that way.
hope you all enjoyed my story.

Chris
06-08-2001, 07:07 PM
Adam, I hope your kidding.

danmangt40: I hate you! Are you rich? Are you spoiled? Whatcar do you or your parents have? And if I were in your position, I would have chased the cars to:D Pretty sad, huh:(
I feel danica patrick is the girl for me, adn maybe you too. check her out, and read the site and visit all the links. She is REALLY hot, and, ahhh. Here is her site : here (http://www.danicaracing.com/)

danmangt40
06-09-2001, 02:43 AM
wow, she definitely sounds like a winner. Too bad I'll probably never meet her. Yeah, you might say I've been spoiled. I've tried not to let it affect me, but its hard not to make it sound that way when talking about how I encountered a mclaren f1 and a story about how I managed to blow things with a gorgeous girl in such a wonderful but pretentious sounding place as cambridge, mass... hope you don't really hate me. I really try not to let my resources make me someone people can't talk to. I wear jeans and t-shirts, wear nikes and live on a student's budget in the basement of a fraternity house. I just happen to have a backup plan a bit deeper than most people should I forget my goals in life and become a loser, pothead, snob, or worse.... write back dude, but lets try not to corrupt the meaning of this forum. Its about car sightings, and today:

I saw a jeep liberty for the first time. I'm sure in a matter of weeks they'll be everywhere, but I was quite pleased by its appearance. It may be a true successor to the old cherokee which so many enthusiasts were loyal to. Now, I'm not a 4x4 freak, but I know an icon when I see one, and that car was in danger of being replaced by something as mundane as a CRV. I'm glad to see that while DaimlerChrysler is raping all the former Chrysler brands of their talent, Jeep has still managed to produce the best "Jeep" in the cute-ute category and not lost its way in pursuit of the cute-ute ideal to appeal to the tiffany's who want a blue liberty to match their new nokia cell phone and favorite nail color.

you know, the way I've come off the last couple entries, I don't want to sound sexist. I really love women, and I am a true equalist. If I've made any anti-women comments above, I would like to clarify not that women are not involved with cars in as passionate manner as men, but only to point out that they are handicapped by the structure in which they are raised. Example: you can get almost any car today in blue, how many in pink? (pink being a color used to label the difference between boys and girls from birth) Women have just as much talent and reason to be involved in cars, just like Danica, the young racing goddess that Chris pointed out above. The man "behind" the plymouth prowler was in fact a woman, There are just too few of these special ladies out there not to point out that there is a more logical connection between oil and testosterone in todays society. For more proof, look down the list of names who replied to this forum. See many women? sadly, no. If only we could inform "tiffany" of the virtues of differentials and variable-length intake runners and just how bitchin anti-roll bars are.... you get the drift. Reply people! lol

Morpheus XIII
06-09-2001, 05:07 AM
Recent one-of-a-kinds I've seen:

-Porsche 959 (no its nots a replica) (white)
-De Tomaso Pantera (black)
-Austin Mini-cooper (left-hand steering) (green)
-Prototype Ford Explorer/Expedition/something else? (hard to tell; black with black masking)
-Prototype Lexus LS430 (before debut, light purple?)

Where do you see such beauts? Growing up around Rolling Hills, CA, you will see all sorts of rarities, oddities, prototypes, besides modern exotics. Here, I laid my eyes on several other precious stones in the past:

-Prototype BMW Z3 Coupe (before it became labeled as M Coupe; orange with black masking)
-Ford GS90 (with the funky polka-dot taillights; blue with white striping)
-The first Motorex R33 Skyline GT-R vspec (white)
-Lamborghini Countach (white)
-Lamborghini Miura
-Austin Mini-Cooper (right-hand steering; yellow)
-MB S600 Cabriolet (special order german import)
-Lexus IS300, Prius (both before debut; Toyota's headquarters is located in Torrance)
-Nissan Altra EV (Nissan's headquarters is located in Torrance)
...and many others if I could remember the past 2 decades.

Chris
06-10-2001, 05:27 PM
You will not see a 959 here. Bill Gates spent millions upon millions trying to get one, and its still sitting on a dock in Florida. If anyone can shed light on this, please help.
danmangt40- I dont really hate you. I just am upset I'm not you. I also wish women everywhere would get into cars, then they wouldn't get mad when you say "Its not that I love the car more than you, I love the car in a different way".

I say a Viper RT/10 yesterday, in Norland, population 200.
In Daytona beach on spring break, I say a Testarossa convertible on the beach. I got my dad to recorcd it on the beach.
I also so an Impala a few days after a mag did a report on it, which was neat cuz' my local dealer didn't have any.

danmangt40
06-11-2001, 12:34 AM
correction: real 959s are legal in the us under a clause for importation that is called "display and show. " it currently only covers 6 cars, the mclaren f1, the bugatti eb110, the jaguar xj220, the porsche 959, a special peugeot rallying car, and one other one. Bill gates does have a 959. Autoweek wrote about the display and show clause back in february. Gates, who wanted a 959, helped influence its being legal...

Morpheus XIII
06-11-2001, 05:03 AM
That EB110 is a monster. 4 turbos? Good grief... I have yet to see one. Heck, I rarely see it in magazines either. That new 16-cylinder 1Khp heavyweight is an eyesore though... maybe its that corporate nose that I find distasteful.

Chris
06-11-2001, 08:59 AM
I had heard of the Bugattis coming over. Myself, I like (ok, LOVE)the new Veyron. I think its good those cars can finally come over. I head of that clause too, and in theory, any car can come over (the one I'[m thinking of may be different) You can only drive it for 2500 miles a year, though. Still, better than nothing.:D
Its good to see these cars here.

S Brake
06-11-2001, 12:42 PM
Dan, i know exactly how you feel, the girl i'm with hates cars and she is always talking about how all of our serious conversations end with "did you see that porsche?" but i wasn't going to change but now she is starting to see some other guy and its driving me nuts, so i'm going to hold off on the car stuff around her, i think you should do the same. now to the cool stuff
Ferrari
-360 Mondena
-550 Maranello
-456 M
-Testarossa spider and coupe
-numerous 308's
-F40
-355 spider and coupe
Porsche
-numerous turbos, 911's, boxters, carrera 4's, cabriolet's
Corvette C5's
Corvette Z06
Lamborghini Diablo's Vt, SV...
Lamborghini LM002
BMW
-M3
-Z3
-and regulars, but nice
lots of Acura NSX's
lots of Dodge Vipers, i got to sit in an RT/10
a couple of Lotus esprit's
some Panos Roadsters
I raced an Audi TT coupe
there are just too many to to name for now, i will post some important ones when i think of them later
also for my birthday i am going to the lamborghini and ferrari dealerships!
Dave
:sun:

Chris
06-11-2001, 02:38 PM
I'm pretty sure I've seen a Dino (not a Ferrari, like many people think)
Honda CART racecars (at an autoshow, up real close)
sat in a Viper ACR, rowed through the gears
Chevy SSR
" Borrego,
" most of this years concepts
T-Bird (new one)

If I remember more, I will post them.

Adam
06-11-2001, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Chris
Adam, I hope your kidding.

you bet your life on it

S Brake
06-11-2001, 05:14 PM
Oh yeah, i work at a waterpark and last week before we opened i heard a huge rumble and the squeal of tires, i turn around and there it is, a shelby cobra, probably a replica but i didn't care, it was so nice. if you want to go window shopping you should check out the car dealerships next to the car rental places like hertz and stuff by the honolulu airport. within one block there was a lambo dealership, corvette, porsche, maserati, and the list goes on.:flash:
Dave

Chris
06-11-2001, 06:39 PM
A maserati in Hawaii- they havent sold them here in a LONG time.

S Brake
06-11-2001, 08:34 PM
I was just a surprised as you my friend, but it was there. i hear maserati is making a comeback though.

Chris
06-12-2001, 08:26 AM
They are making a comeback, starting with a spider of teh 3200gt. (here, probably 4 liters, so 4000gt.) Maybe they currently only sell old ones, or for the show and display loop-hole.

danmangt40
06-12-2001, 02:01 PM
speaking of maserati, boy do they have a prob on their hands. They expect the maser to take sales from jag xk's here, like it does in europe. styling sells luxury coupes in the us, and even though the jag is much older, there's no question that its the far more attractive car. Maserati should decontent US 4000gts and fight a different angle... They are only in for a headache if they compete with jag. However, it is their most marketable car for the us yet, so maybe it'll be worth the embarassment if they actually make money by importing. Its a very well designed car, with FABULOUS details, (check the the very smooth but relatively unpolished wood interior. www.maserati.it . ) However, the overall shape sucks, and despite its large backseat, that's never been a selling point in that class. LAterz
dan

Chris
06-12-2001, 05:18 PM
Thats why they're selling the spider aswell. And I like it, it should sell well. People will pay for the sexy Italian name.

danmangt40
06-12-2001, 10:47 PM
touche... I stand corrected:bloated:

Chris
06-13-2001, 08:24 AM
It can get kinda confusing, and everyone makes mistakes. I will try and get a pic of the concept car version of the spider- which looks nothing like the real one will be.

Chris
06-13-2001, 11:08 AM
Here is the spider
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/carsunlimited/m/maserati/maserati9.jpg

Porsche
06-13-2001, 05:51 PM
Isn't that like the 320S race model or something like that? There selling the 3200GT in Canada too. In select Ferrari dealerships. So I guess that means that we will have a big 1 Maserati dealership here in Canada.

Chris
06-14-2001, 12:32 PM
It is a concept, not for production. It is just to give us a SLIGHT idea of the future, to turn us on, rub u sthe right way, primp us up, all for the (in a deep voice) MASERATI INVASION!!! (no more deep voice)

S Brake
06-14-2001, 10:42 PM
I went to A&W tonight to get something to eat and just 30 seconds after i pull away from the drive thru window what do i see? i shiny red dodge viper rt/10. if that weren't enough to make my week, while driving home i see a white corvette so i pulled into a hotel parking lot to investigate and it was a Z06, those have nice rims.
Dave

Adam
06-14-2001, 10:49 PM
yeah that picture is of some concept... the 3200gt convertible looks pretty different

Heep
06-16-2001, 08:39 AM
Lol Porsche...seeing that we only have 3 Ferrari dealerships in Canada.....

For the longest time, I've hated Vipers, mostly because everybody that knows absolutely nothing about cars think they're the best and nothing can beat them. Anyway, from day 1, I've hated the GTS, and I still do just as much, but lately I've been warming up to the RT/10 (espectially the arly ones with the side pipes). It's a bit lower than the GTS, and a lot smoother looking, especially from the back end. Anyway, like I said, I've been warming up to them. Yesterday a silver RT/10 passed us on the highway going about 5 MPH faster than us, so I got a good, long, look at her. You know what? I love Viper RT/10s..........

Chris
06-17-2001, 06:24 PM
Damn! the vipers have claimed another victim! I agree, stupid people feel they are the tits, and they say Ferrari, not knowing any models, or hummer, not knowing about Range Rovers or Gahlendavagens (sP?)

Oh, I've also seen a 95 vette pace car, lotus S4, a Viper GTS, and a viper RT/10 with the "ketchup and mustard" colours (yellow wheels, red car)

Porsche
06-17-2001, 06:34 PM
Like the Viper in "Vegas Vacation"? There was a Mondial Cabrio in there to I think. As for Vipers, I don't really like the new bodystyle but, I do like both the RT/10 and the GTS. The AcR takes the cake though. For future reference Chris, It is spelled Gelaendewagen and usually called a G-Wagen. if your wondering what it means, Jeep. I don't know why the germans needed 13 Characters to say that though. G-Wagens are great. You know that the Canadians forces get 802 of them right?

Chris
06-18-2001, 08:13 AM
Yeah, I heard that. They are much better than jeeps or hummers.

Ok, heres I told people I had seen the Testarossa:
I was on Daytona beach, when all of a sudden I saw this gorgeous, topless, italian redhead. She had beautiful curves and rubber in all the right places. :D

Porsche
06-19-2001, 11:08 AM
Ohhhhhhhhh. I was about to start a new thread but, It wasn't that cool. Yesterday when I went to see Tomb Raider, We where rounding this corner in my friends van and I saw a Beautiful set of Xenon bulbs coming from the opposite direction and I said "M3" thinking it was an E36, but then as it got closer, it was actually an E46 Lime greenish M3. I just about lost it and My friend said "Calm down" but, I was crapping my pants. It was so sweet and It was fast too.

Chris
06-19-2001, 12:22 PM
heres a pic of your M3. I have yet to see one, but once while camping in BC, our tent was next to a yellow M3, E36. The paint and bits were old (it was driven quite extensively), but it had a few mods and looked REALLY good, except really up close.
http://build.bmwusa.com/yourbmw/mseries/m3coupe/front/0430.jpg
Is that the car you saw??

S Brake
06-19-2001, 12:41 PM
My friends dad has an E36 M3, and one day his dad let him take it to go get it washed and he came to my house and took me for a joy ride, it was so fast and it was only an automatic. later i raced him in my truck and by the time i got to 20 he was at 100 and almost out of sight. is this the car you saw?

Porsche
06-19-2001, 03:30 PM
Actually, no. It was a mix of both colours. It was wierd, but I'm sure it was an E46. Lightning fast. It blazed around the corner, way ahead of any other cars. I got so excited just becasue I had never seen a E46 on the road. I've seen probably ten E46's though.

Porsche
06-19-2001, 03:33 PM
I just checked bmwusa and I know that they don't make the colour which I saw, it may have been yellow being reflected off the sun but, I doubt it. Metallic Lime Green would be my closest guess.

Chris
06-19-2001, 04:24 PM
No, thats not hte car I saw. It didnt look like one of the 4 bangers, but it must have been one of the really early 6 pots.

Maybe the guy got a custom paint job, but I dont know if I would be so quick to do that myself. In the factory, the paint is baked on, so it looks really good and lasts.

S Brake
06-19-2001, 07:06 PM
I don't think i mentioned this, but my friend that had the automatic M3 that i told you about, his dad is going to sell that one and get a 2001 M3 E46, Its going to be awesome and this time he is making sure its a manual, the auto didn't cut it for him. right now he is about 4th on the list, there is only one BMW dealer in Utah. and i will get to ride in it, i'll tell you about it when it happens.

Chris
06-20-2001, 09:34 AM
Thats awesome!!! Especially since the M3's hold their value ( 5 year old one with 40000 miles is only 5 grand cheaper than it was new!)

Emine_M3
06-20-2001, 10:45 AM
this morning while getting gas a brand new Diablo VT 6.0 pulled up behind me. i was talking to the guy, he worked at the dealership and it was his job to drive them.

Heep
06-20-2001, 12:12 PM
I want that job.

Heep
06-20-2001, 12:15 PM
BTW...I like the car EmineM3...you should get some clear front corners...those look real smooth on E36's.

S Brake
06-22-2001, 11:12 AM
I would enjoy having that job too. i think one day i will go to the Lambo dealership, or perhaps the Ferrari dealership and see if they will let me drive their cars. heck maybe i'll see if they want to let me drive them on my birthday. what color was the diablo?

Porsche
06-27-2001, 05:05 PM
I somewhat doubt that. If you so much as hit anything at all, they're responsible. Ask your parents to rent you one for grad, like me!

S Brake
06-27-2001, 07:11 PM
I saw a 2001 M5 at the car wash yesterday, it was maroon. I almost climaxed.

Heep
06-27-2001, 08:38 PM
I saw a 1989 Tempo at the bank yesterday, it was maroon. I didn't climax.

:D j/k

Porsche
06-30-2001, 09:31 PM
You're starting to sound like LK! LOL

VeilsideVR4
08-04-2001, 10:15 AM
I'll bet none of you guys have seen a Spyder VR4 :D

Add your comment to this topic!