Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question about interchanging door locks between two different years? Help

ktrap
12-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Hey guys, been awhile since I've been on here. So here's my problem, both front doors won't lock? I know it could be a few things, so hopefully you all can help me narrow it down. When I click the remote I can hear it clicking in both doors,( both locking and unlocking) but nothing? Also the door lock it self on the inside doesn't wanna move, on either door? like it's froze or something? The drivers door I had a problem with, it wouldn't open at all one day, so I removed the door panel (from the inside while the door was closed, yea not fun, lol) and messed with the rods connected to the lock switch, and got it to finally open. the passengers door just stopped locking one day? So I'm guessing it's either the lock assembly? or maybe the actuator? One more note: I don't have the key's that work the lock cylinders either. I was thinking of replacing those first, so I can test to see if maybe I can get it to lock manually? But I'm thinking that won't work, because if I can't manually lock from inside, why would that work? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.:runaround:

ktrap
12-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Ok guys, I need some help. Would you know if I pulled the door lock assembly and actuator out of a 99 2 door, would it work if I put it in my 97 2 door? (both doors) It's the same parts correct? I wouldn't think they would've changed anything between 97 and 99??

BNaylor
12-03-2010, 05:52 AM
Would you know if I pulled the door lock assembly and actuator out of a 99 2 door, would it work if I put it in my 97 2 door? (both doors) It's the same parts correct?

Same actuator assembly at least up to 2002. Also, the door lock switch is the same.

BTW - Your two posts on this issue have been merged together.

Add your comment to this topic!