Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Horn repair/air bag replacement???

TopherS
12-01-2010, 12:09 PM
So the little gremlins that have plagued my car in the past are back after a year-long haitus. Driving down the road, going straight, and my horn honks again without the horn pad being touched. I was approaching stopped cars at an intersection and got quite a few angry looks from some of the drivers waiting at the light. So for the moment, I've pulled the fuse to the horn to keep the horn from honking again.

I've been told that the horn contact is in the airbag assembly, but I don't know if it is a part that can be replaced without having to replace the airbag. I've also read that on other vehicles, the problem isn't there, but instead, it's in the ring in the steering column...that it gets warped or something.

I want to get the car back where everything works properly, but I am not sure how to fix this problem. If possible, I'd like to try to do the work myself to save money.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

HotZ28
12-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Click Here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=970089&highlight=horn) for an older thread on this subject.

TopherS
12-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the info.

I had searched for info on the horns/airbags on the car before starting this thread, but didn't focus on the previous generation Park Avenue, as the steering wheel was different and I thought it may make a difference. I'll look at this info more closely now to see if there's a way to figure this problem out on my car.

Thanks again.

:cheers:

Add your comment to this topic!