Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

CPS Nightmare

cotterman32
11-27-2010, 08:01 PM
I am trying to replace my CPS.
Engine is a 5.2, I know were it is. I cant see it but I can get my hand around to feel it. I can see it from underneeth. I got the chiltons book out and even read a bunch of post in this forum. There are supposed to be 2 bolts to remove but on mine it looks like there is some type of plastic cover over it? The 2 bolts that hold it in place look like allen head type bolts?
I am so confused. Can some body help?

cotterman32
11-27-2010, 09:08 PM
I am trying to replace my CPS.
Engine is a 5.2, I know were it is. I cant see it but I can get my hand around to feel it. I can see it from underneeth. I got the chiltons book out and even read a bunch of post in this forum. There are supposed to be 2 bolts to remove but on mine it looks like there is some type of plastic cover over it? The 2 bolts that hold it in place look like allen head type bolts?
I am so confused. Can some body help?
I am trying to replace the CPS

theFREAKnasty82
11-30-2010, 10:21 AM
there are two 6mm allen head bolts that hold the CPS to the tranny. It is a huge pain in the butt to get to, what I did when I replaced mine on my '95 JGC V8, I removed the exhaust manifold heat shield for additional clearance. You'll also have to remove the oil pressure sensor sending unit because you will break it due to the tight space. You'll also have to remove the EGR pipe. It's a pain, but it can be done.

Add your comment to this topic!