Lights on/off

Vern
11-23-2010, 10:29 AM
when i put my Headlights on at nite we have trouble- what happens is the dash lites goes out and when that happens the REAR LITES go out at the same time.Then i turn the switch off and then on and wait a few seconds the the Dashlights come on the Rearlights come on.I have put in a fuse in the column because the blinker on the Dr,s front went .What was different for me was that all the other lights worked and signaled but that one. But the lights still go on and off. .This happened before i replaced the module in the column and has been doing this for about 3 years now. What gives with this thing anyway- Please someone give me a clue. Trying to find this problem is like trying to find a button in the Atlantic Ocean.... - ya gotta laff. i guess. maybe it China,s way of drivin me nuts- ---Thx Ed:banghead::banghead::banghead::sarcasmsign::grin yes:

jcwit
12-09-2010, 04:38 PM
More than likely you need to replace the relay in the box under the hood behind the battery. Sorry for the late reply.

Vern
12-13-2010, 12:26 PM
WE FOUND THE PROBLEM----- we traced the Harness back and at EVERY wire that was bolted onto the car and ALL joints in the wire were checked and redone. We traced everything. -Yes it all works now. The next time i thot i would just put a switch in the dash and run the lights from the battery to switch and the to ground. Everything worked but the driving lights. That would have been simple to do -BUT MY WIFE didnt want any xtras on the dash--- so there you have it---I had forgot the #1 rule-- ALWAYS CHECK THE GROUNDS FIRST-----Thanks for getting back to me because it got me going in a different direction..This is a great forum---Later all Vern

Add your comment to this topic!