Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

NX2000 SR20 swap question

BLU CIVIC
05-22-2003, 11:01 AM
looking to get rid of my hatch for a nx2000 and read here that there's a fwd sr20det engine that will go into it....what all do i have to do or need for that type of swap:confused:

old_s13
05-22-2003, 11:04 AM
You have to post it in a forum that cares about that type of vehicle.

http://www.se-r.net/index.php

BLU CIVIC
05-22-2003, 11:10 AM
what's wrong with the nx?? figuring that since u can add a sr20det to the us 240...the process would be similar....right

old_s13
05-22-2003, 11:12 AM
I dont know, how about asking someone with an NX?

Hmmmmmm.. ah yes! SE-R.net!

NervGS
05-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Maybe see about finding info on that FWD SR... Weigh your options and don't ask questions that can be simply found by using google.

GTi-R has BB turbo and ITB.

Bluebird has turbo (only from what I know...).

Both are AWD, from what I know, the tranny doesn't fit in US cars without ALOT of modification...

NX2000 already has SR... Why don't you see about getting a custom made turbo for that?

-glenn

BLU CIVIC
05-22-2003, 11:36 AM
OBVIOUSLY I LOOKED OR I WOULDN'T BE ASKING;)

old_s13
05-22-2003, 11:47 AM
OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE LAME SINCE YOU CAME UP EMPTY HANDED.

My god, the FWD SR is SOOOOOOOOO common, they talk about EVERYTHING on se-r.net and you are telling us you cant find anything?

BLU CIVIC
05-22-2003, 11:50 AM
did i mention the fact that i didn't come up empty handed or i didn't find anything:confused: majority of the swaps are into se-r's and g20's...found no info for NX.....and i see obviously u are no help either.....thanx anways:silly2:

SR20DETpower
05-22-2003, 12:23 PM
welp I hear there are a lot of people that still turbo the factory FWD Sr20DE in the sentra and make good HP and its still reliable. I mean if your wanting to make 500hp or something Id do the swap. Maybe just rebuild your current SR20DE to turbo specs of the T model with factory parts, and it would be fresh and ready to go as well(but you don't have to do this) I would check out some of the stuff about the guys just putting on a turbo on their FWD SR20DE's.... You would have to customize a little bit, if you read over here it would kinda of be like making a KA-T.....

People must make a couple of types of manifolds for those SR20DE altimas and Im sure it will fit on your engine. Then the rest of the stuff is just regular old parts and a little customization to be done with tubing.

old_s13
05-22-2003, 02:06 PM
ITS THE SAME MOTOR -- NA SR for TURBO SR, both FWD. What do you want, a step-by-step Baby Gerber Installation Packet?

Seriously, its not major work.. I dont get what all the confusion is. I dont even understand what this is doing in this forum. If you arent getting answers its because even the NX community thinks your question is re-tar-ded!!! blah4?!@%$?@!?%!

BLU CIVIC
05-22-2003, 02:18 PM
obviously the question was too straight foward and simple for u that u couldn't give me a straight foward answer.......i know that they both are the same motor except one is turbo....all i asked was what do i need to put it in since itz a turbo motor.....

BLU CIVIC
05-22-2003, 02:19 PM
if u want to do a step-by-step Baby Gerber Installation Packet i won't refuse:silly2:

Jay!
05-22-2003, 02:52 PM
FWD SR20 swap != RWD SR20 swap. Moved to NX forum, where it should have been in the first place.

grncivicdhr
05-22-2003, 03:24 PM
Blu, i looked into the NX before i bought my 240sx. if its an NX2000, you can do a bluebird sr swap. i also thought of doing this same swap to a 92 stanza until i bought my 240. a turbo stanza would kicked ass.

SR20DETpower
05-22-2003, 04:31 PM
actually the Sentra SR20DE engine is not the same as a SR20DET of any sort.......

there are a few parts different, and I even think the DE uses dif compression pistons then the DET.

98sentraGTiR
06-04-2003, 03:47 PM
doing a BB or GTiR into any FWD drive nissan isnt hard and can be found and installed for less than 4000, the only deal is, is that they come from an AWD pulsar but they are mostly sold with the FWD tranny anyways. ive talked to a few mechanics that have done the swap into a b14 and say its a direct swap. its just that any SR20DET is illegal but if your serious who cares

Creagach
08-07-2003, 05:00 PM
the nx is a b13 not a b14(200sx) it is basicly the same install that would be for a b13se-r the differences are most of the time you'd want to use a front mount intercooler because of the lack of room and extra heat the nx has. There is a few 50 state smog legal turbo applications that you can put on the usdmsr20de and it is pricey $3500, however the bbdet and avenir and gtir engines all come with zero emission equipment so if your state only has emissions testing and not a visual then you can put two high flow catalytic converters under your car and Voila! you pass smog.
by the way the usdm sr20de has 9.5.1 compression, the bbdet and avenir have 8.5.1 and the gtir has 8.3.1, oh and by the way i HAVE one under the hood of my nx and when i get a digicam i'll post pics.

bluebirdboy
05-17-2004, 12:06 AM
He right there are a few things that were upgraded on the DET. but nothing major, Go for the BlueBird swap, its straight up easy. THe Nx 2000(or 2.0) is a sentra. The nx has the same interior layout, suspension, axles, frame ...ect. So any mod you find for a sentra can essentialy work for an nx. There are lots of options when it comes to engines, but if you put a BlueBird in your car, everything will work easier. the only thing you will have to buy is a MAFSensor, if it doesnt come with it. A ecu, and a chip. The mounts are the same and everything. just buy it and throw it in.

cliffb4n8r
05-27-2004, 02:51 PM
If you want to save some money, just put a fuel pressure reg in, a beefy clutch and a T25 or T28 turbo(just get one used in good shape.... it'll save you a fortune) Oh, and don't forget to upgrade your engine mounts and reinforce your tranny ;)... It might not hurt to upgrade injectors, either... And if you DO blow your motor, a JDM SR20DE can be had for about $600 off eBay ;)

InzaneTurboZ
06-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Nissan Motorsports sells the conversion for the sr20det for the nx2000 and the se-r just go to a nissan dealership and ask them for the nissan motorsport catalog.

Add your comment to this topic!