Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 RAV4 wheel rim

dollsey74
11-12-2010, 08:20 PM
To make a long story short, I blew a tire and couldn't get the spare off (didn't have the key). Had to have it towed to the local dealer. They're now telling me that the rim is bent and that a new one will be $460. I did a search online and found rims for 2001 RAV4s for much less, but am not really sure what I'm looking for. Anything that I need to be aware of? Certain specs? Good parts sites to buy from?

Some sites say that the center cap is not available. Is this a problem?

Can I buy a rim online, take it to a shop, and have them put a new tire on it?

Thanks in advance.

Jason

jdmccright
11-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Nothing special about them...I think Toyota offered steel and aluminum alloy wheels. Just make sure you're getting the right one if you buy online. Center caps are typically sold separately but if you can reuse yours then you can save a bit. Just make sure they are the same dimension wheel diameter and bolt pattern. Tirerack.com is a good place to find this info. They have a great database for what fits your vehicle.

Dunno if you care for new or used, but there's probably plenty of places locally and online that sell them...you can get some for real cheap if you don't care if they have scratches on them.

Did you hit something to cause the flat? If you can, take the wheel to another shop to have it checked for balance and trueness.

Add your comment to this topic!