Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Service and ABS light Cavalier

breakerbar
11-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi:
I have a question about my 2000 Cavalier 2.2 ltre automatic 59 000kms. This car has only been driven a few miles a day for the last 9 years or so. Today my wife came home from work and the ABS and the Service light on the dah was on. I erechecked for codes and found out there wasn't any. I also noticed that when I turned the steering either side both of the lights would come on.(service and ABS).

My question is: Could this be the power steering pressure switch? Or something more illusive? If so where is the switch located?

Thanks
Mike

breakerbar
11-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi:
I have a question about my 2000 Cavalier 2.2 ltre automatic 59 000kms. This car has only been driven a few miles a day for the last 9 years or so. Today my wife came home from work and the ABS and the Service light on the dah was on. I erechecked for codes and found out there wasn't any. I also noticed that when I turned the steering either side both of the lights would come on.(service and ABS).

My question is: Could this be the power steering pressure switch? Or something more illusive? If so where is the switch located?

Thanks
Mike

UPDATE:

I found the problem, It was "green wire" or corroded wire just below the Wheel Speed Sensor. The blue wire was completely corodeded while the other one orange, was fine. I touched the blue wire and it broke off EVEN with the bottom of the connector. Ya that sucked big time!!.

That would explain when the steering wheel was turned the servce and ABS light would illuminate. Nothing to do with the power steering system at all....
I bought a 12 inch wire connector from a seller on Ebay. This guy has every connector imaginable and will match your wire colour pattern.If anyone wants the name ley me know.

I hope this helps someone with similar problems.

thanks
Mike

Add your comment to this topic!