Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

02 Yukon XL Tire Wear- 4WD

ttrout
11-10-2010, 11:28 AM
207K miles and noticed extreme wear on the inside tread of the front tires, ball joints, tie rods,??? Has never had an allignment.Best Guess, Thanks

Cusser
11-11-2010, 08:50 PM
A good tire shop typically has alignment capabilities, and they will need to check out your front end before they do an alignment. We just picked up a 2005 XL and bought 4 new tires, which included free alignment. They couldn't do the alignment because an inner tie rod was bad, and they (1) couldn't replace that the same day (2) wanted more $$$ than I wanted to pay. I took it home, checked it out, yes, there was a loose inner tie rod. I decided to replace both (myself) with made-in-USA ones (Moog), heavier-duty than what was there, for less than they would've charged for one. Then they did the included alignment.

If you've never had alignment or front end work, likely you're due. I had bad wear on one of the previous tires, not surprised there was looseness up front. Loose is not good.

maxwedge
11-12-2010, 07:50 AM
Best guess, could be anything in the steering or suspension, have it checked out.

Add your comment to this topic!