Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Gtp engine problems

Sgt_dane
11-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Hi. I've got a 200 grand prix gtp, 3.8L V6 supercharged.
My problems started with a lifter going flat, so I changed it. Started the car back up after putting it all back together and the same issue. It was cylinder 4 but now it changed to 6. So I just decided to swap them all out. After a couple days of working on it ( full time job and all) I got it all finished and started it up. It wasn't firing on 2,4 or 6, come to find out I neglected to connect the injector wires,( oops ) so I connect them and started it back up. It's now idling real rough, jumping between 800-1200 rpm while at an idle. Acceleration stops the car from it's chugging state it s in while idling but it's still ticking real bad like it was before I changed the lifters. I'm not sure what else to do with it. I have reset the codes and the check engine light never came back on but it's still running super rough when idling, still ticking real loud all the time. Any thoughts on the subject would be greatly appreciated. I don't know what else to do with it.

doctorhrdware
11-10-2010, 01:13 AM
Try disconnecting the MAF sensor and see if the idle smooths out. If it does the sensor could be dirty or bad. CRC makes a special cleaner to clean the MAF sensor.

olopezm
11-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Either MAF sensor, a dirt IAC valve or taking into account that he took apart different things maybe you have a vacuum leak, inspect the hoses for any cracks, hissing sounds or spray some carburetor cleaner around the intake to make sure has sealed properly.

Best regards,

Oscar.

Add your comment to this topic!