Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tamiya Cover book

lovegt40
11-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Since I was a kid I loved Tamiya boxarts.
The box itself is nearly half of the reason why people buys models.
Nearly always in the past they had invisible signatures as M.O. hided in the painting, I just wonder if Tamiya (or anybody else) ever made a book with all the boxart they made for models during all those years.

Incredibly good artist as Shigeo Koike (Hasegawa boxarts) made books,maybe there is something also from Tamiya guys.
The artbox are always very well detailed and I use theme often as the main reference resource.

Does anybody knows something more about it?

willimo
11-08-2010, 04:39 PM
What a great idea! They should do something like that. In fact, some non-affiliated company should buy publishing rights from all the model manufacturers and make a book of everyone's box art. I'd buy it! There are a lot of those art books out there, it would be doable.

I wish I'd seen this thread YEARS ago! I would have kept all my box lids and put them in binder together. I'd've made my own book. Great idea!

jano11
11-08-2010, 05:05 PM
What a great idea! They should do something like that. In fact, some non-affiliated company should buy publishing rights from all the model manufacturers and make a book of everyone's box art. I'd buy it! There are a lot of those art books out there, it would be doable.

I wish I'd seen this thread YEARS ago! I would have kept all my box lids and put them in binder together. I'd've made my own book. Great idea!

I can't imagine a book with so many thousands of pages. ;)

lovegt40
11-08-2010, 05:09 PM

I tried to do it in the past, but it become a giant heavy book, and box size was not a standard years ago.
Try figure out a wonderful book printed in high quality of all these covers....will be stunning item,and suspect an istant bestseller worldwide :worshippy:worshippy

Add your comment to this topic!