Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

'94 5.7L K1500 - Parking Brake Light is on

CivicLeader
11-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Hey guys...

Recently my parking brake light/signal is coming on intermitently on the dash board and I'm certain that it's not engaged...

Any ideas?

Rod

jdmccright
11-08-2010, 11:33 AM
One of three things: 1) the parking brake switch is going bad, 2) more likely the brake fluid reservoir is low, or 3) there is a problem with the ABS unit.

Check the first two. Make sure the parking prakes are retracting fully. If there's fluid missing, look at the inner sidewalls of your tires for oil streaks indicating a brake fluid leak.

If the first two are good, then get an ABS-capable scanner and check for trouble codes.

CivicLeader
11-08-2010, 12:07 PM
One of three things: 1) the parking brake switch is going bad, 2) more likely the brake fluid reservoir is low, or 3) there is a problem with the ABS unit.

Check the first two. Make sure the parking prakes are retracting fully. If there's fluid missing, look at the inner sidewalls of your tires for oil streaks indicating a brake fluid leak.

If the first two are good, then get an ABS-capable scanner and check for trouble codes.

Thanks for the info... I'll check it out tonight and let ya'll know what I find...

Add your comment to this topic!