Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Weird Electrical Problem

Benbu
11-04-2010, 01:49 AM
My tail lights and dash lights only work when I hit the brakes, or when the left blinker is on. When the blinker is on, the dash lights blink on and off with the blinker. When braking they stay on until I step off of the brake pedal. Any ideas?

Cadaverlier
06-10-2013, 09:15 PM
Wow, that does sound pretty weird. I know that the dash lights and tail running lights are on the same circuit. I know it sound crazy but possibly a ground problem in the rear wiring and the running lights are somehow grounding back through the brake lights or the running and dash lights are getting their POWER through the brake lights whenever they are on. Check the fuses, I know there is a fuse for this as we were trying to get the tail and dash lights to work on my daughters car and she told me she found where there was no fuse in the hole and it made them both work. Are the right filaments in the bulbs working with the brake lights ( should be the heavy bright ones ) Make sure the bulbs are in the right way ( especially those new weird,flat socket kind )

Add your comment to this topic!