Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Windshield Repair Pittsburgh Weather

russellkids6
11-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Have an appt to get my son's windshield repaired. How long should he wait to drive it? We've had extreme cold/hot weather this week. Worried it will crack? Anyone use Three Rivers Auto Glass in the Pittsburgh area? We just moved from Florida and don't know where else to go.

tblake
11-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Welcome to AF. When I got mt windshield replaced, they told me I could drive it right away, but I left it sit for an hour or so. One thing they did tell me was to leave a window slightly cracked open so when you slam the door, the pressure doesn't force the windshield out.

inafogg
11-03-2010, 12:02 PM
good info blake also if your repairing the glass w/o replacing
you dont need to wait

Tech II
12-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Most W/S replacement is covered by your auto insurance.....Like tblake said, you can usually drive it, but leave the window open a bit for the first day....

Stealthee
12-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Only certain states guarantee winshield replacement, Mass being one of them. There is no point in me turning my cracked windshield into insurance because one I still have to deal with the $250 deductible, my rates will likely go up. I'll just fork out the $300 myself.

fixachipautoglass
12-23-2011, 12:49 PM
If you are getting a chip repaired in your windshield, you wont need to wait at all and the rock chip repair should take about 20 minutes. If your getting your windshield replaced, as long as the company uses quality urethane, it should only need to sit for about an hour. Good Luck.

Add your comment to this topic!