Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Starving for air?????????

Applianguy
11-01-2010, 01:42 PM
:banghead:My 95 is idling like crap and stalling. I have gone through every vacuum source. I pulled upper intake and don't see any leaks. I pulled vacuum hose off brake booster and engine idled up and ran good?????? Stuck my finger in the hose and engine died???????? I just changed the intake gaskets due to a waterleak.

Just screwed with it and got a po122 trottle sensor and a po300 many cylinders misfire

Anybody??

maxwedge
11-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Sounds like you are not getting air sufficent to idle, how about driving it? Idle air control could be bad, plugged up or disconnected? Go back over your work if this just happened. Tps out of whack could cause this also.

Applianguy
11-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Sounds like you are not getting air sufficent to idle, how about driving it? Idle air control could be bad, plugged up or disconnected? Go back over your work if this just happened. Tps out of whack could cause this also.

It drives GREAT...just can't stop without engine stalling. Checked unplugged replugged all connections. I'll take a good look at idle air switch tommoro.

Mike

Applianguy
11-02-2010, 12:49 AM
very strange.........went to stop and the power brake booster ran out of vacuum?
Looks like it coming apart again...I need to seal the bolts anyway ;(

Add your comment to this topic!